Appeal a Parking Citation
To appeal a parking citation, please use one of our three convenient methods listed below:
*Certain citations may not be immediately available for online appeal. If the citation is not available online, the Metro Parking Office shall be contacted directly at 502-569-6222. Appeals shall be submitted either in person, by fax or mail. All appeals must be received within 15 days of the issue date. No extensions or reductions will be granted due to delay of online citation availability.
- Online appeal https://louisvillemetro.t2hosted.com/
- Fax appeal form (pdf) to: 502-569-6611
- Mail appeal form (pdf) to:
PARC - OnStreet
222 South 1st Street, Suite 106
Louisville, KY 40202
Below is information regarding our appeals process:
- The parking program has set up an administrative appeal process for individuals who believe their parking citation was issued in error. As a courtesy, Louisville Metro Government has added a grace period of eight (8) additional days for the time to appeal, which gives you fifteen (15) days within which to appeal the citation.
- The appeal request is only valid for the citation listed. All remaining citations will not be addressed under this appeal.
- Individuals will be contacted after the citation dismissal form has been processed and advised whether the citation will be upheld or dismissed.
If appealed within seven (7) days of issuance, the parking fine will hold at the discounted amount until you receive notice from our office if your appeal is denied. At that point you will have seven (7) days to pay your fine in order to take advantage of the discount shown on the citation.
If the appeal is denied, you may request a hearing before an independent hearings officer. Please note, in order to schedule the hearing you will be required to post a bond payment in the amount of your citation. If the administrative hearing officer dismisses the citation your bond payment will be refunded.
Not reasons for an appeal:
- Lack of knowledge of the City’s parking regulations.
- Appointment conflicts or tardiness going or returning from appointments.
- Inability to find a legal parking space.
- Failure to have appropriate or sufficient amount of coins.
- Broken or malfunctioning parking meter.