Here are tips for parking at meters, garages and surface lots.
- Use a parking meter for short-term parking such as running errands or grabbing a quick bite to eat. Use a parking garage or surface lot for longer stays.
- Operating hours for all meters are Monday - Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This means free parking after 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and free all day Sunday!
- Parking meter rate at traditional meters is $2.25/hour for the first 2 hours and $3.35/hour for each additional hour, and are limited to 4 hours of parking. Please look for signs that have this information.
- New Pay Stations have been introduced on several blocks, unlimited parking is permitted at these locations between 7:00am and 6:00pm at a rate of $2.25/hour for the first 2 hours and $3.35/hour for each additional hour. More information is available.
- You may pay parking meters with nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar coins. In addition, credit cards are accepted at the new IPS meters. Learn more about our meters, including a map of meter locations.
- There are some parking restrictions to be aware of, depending on the area and roadway. Some common restrictions are:
No Parking 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
No Parking 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
No Parking Bus Zone
No Parking Fire Lane
No Stopping Anytime
7. Many parking meters are two-space meters. This allows for less meters on the streets and creates efficiency in maintaining and collecting. Learn how to park correctly at these meters.
8. If you are a downtown employee and want to find monthly parking, visit Louisville.parkitmonthly.com or call the PARC office at (502) 587-PARK.
Parking Meters are not enforced on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Day (third Monday in January)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Juneteenth (June 19)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)