Here are tips for "Parking Smart" at meters, garages and surface lots.
- Use a parking meter for short-term parking such as running errands or grabbing a quick bite to eat. Use a parking garage or surface lot for longer stays.
- Operating hours for all meters are Monday - Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This means free parking after 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and free all day Sunday!
- Parking meter rate is $1.75/hour., and are limited from 1 hour to 4 hours of parking. Please look for signs that have this information.
- You may pay parking meters with nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar coins. In addition, credit cards are accepted at the new IPS meters. To find locations and additional information on the new IPS meters click here.
- There are some parking restrictions to be aware of, depending on the area and roadway. Some common restrictions are:
No Parking 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
No Parking 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
No Parking Bus Zone
No Parking Fire Lane
No Stopping Anytime
Many parking meters are two-space meters. This allows for less meters on the streets and creates efficiency in maintaining and collecting. Click here to learn how to park correctly at these meters.
There are 14 parking garages and 6 surface lots in downtown, that have Space 4 U! Click here to find locations.
If you are a downtown employee and want to find monthly parking, call the PARC office at (502) 587-PARK.
Parking Meters are not enforced on the following holidays:
New Year's Day (January 1) Memorial Day (last Monday in May) Independence Day (July 4) Labor Day (first Monday in September) Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November) Christmas Day (December 25)