Here are tips for parking at meters, garages and surface lots.
- Use a parking meter for short-term parking such as running errands or grabbing a quick bite to eat. Use a parking garage or surface lot for longer stays.
- Operating hours for all meters are Monday - Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This means free parking after 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and free all day Sunday!
- Parking meter rate at traditional meters is $2.00/hour for the first 2 hours and $3.00/hour for each additional hour, and are limited from 1 hour to 4 hours of parking. Please look for signs that have this information.
- New Pay Stations have been introduced on several blocks, unlimited parking is permitted at these locations between 7:00am and 6:00pm at a rate of $2.00/hour for the first 2 hours and $3.00/hour for each additional hour. For more information click here.
- You may pay parking meters with nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar coins. In addition, credit cards are accepted at the new IPS meters. To find locations and additional information on the new IPS meters click here.
- There are some parking restrictions to be aware of, depending on the area and roadway. Some common restrictions are:
No Parking 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
No Parking 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
No Parking Bus Zone
No Parking Fire Lane
No Stopping Anytime
7. Many parking meters are two-space meters. This allows for less meters on the streets and creates efficiency in maintaining and collecting. Click here to learn how to park correctly at these meters.
8. If you are a downtown employee and want to find monthly parking, visit Louisville.parkitmonthly.com or call the PARC office at (502) 587-PARK.
Parking Meters are not enforced on the following holidays: