Park with a Handicap Permit
PARKING WITH SPECIAL PERMITS FOR HANDICAPPED PERSONS
(ORDINANCE § 72.004)
Vehicles displaying a valid handicap parking permit may park in designated handicap parking spaces or metered spaces under the following terms and conditions:
- A valid handicap permit must be clearly displayed.
- Meters must be paid for the timeframe the patron plans on utilizing the space. Once the meter expires, the handicap patron is allowed up to 2 additional hours to return to the meter.
- Parking inside of a garage or lot is not affected by handicap permits. Although we do have marked handicap spaces in the garages and lots, these are first come first serve and cannot be guaranteed.
- Loading zones may be used for dropping off or picking up of handicap patrons only and for no longer than 30 minutes. Vehicle must have flashers on.
- Handicap patrons are prohibited from parking in no stopping zones, no parking zones, fire lanes, peak hour restrictions, bus zones, and in any manner that constitutes a traffic hazard.
To get a disabled parking permit, visit the Jefferson County Clerk’s Office: http://www.jeffersoncountyclerk.org