OLL Youth Edition
As a member of the National Forum on Youth Violence Prevention, we have committed ourselves to narrowing a percentage of our efforts to youth and young adults ages 0 to 24 years. Therefore, we have created the One Love Louisville-Youth Edition Action Plan which serves as a supplement to our overall community action plan, One Love Louisville.
The Youth Edition focuses on increasing positive outcomes for youth (0 to 24 years of age) who reside in LMPD divisions 1, 2, and 4. Local data illustrates that young adults (ages 18-30 years) lose their lives as a result of homicide more often than any other age group in our city. If we focus particular efforts on youth 24 years of age and under, we have the potential to reduce the number of youth who are exposed to violence, become victims of violence or perpetuate violence.
We are excited to share our 5 Youth Goals!
- Create and Promote Opportunities for Civic Engagement
- Improve Condition that Hinder Education Attainment
- Support Economic Growth with a Focus on the Most Economically Challenged Neighborhoods
- Enhance the Quality of Intervention with Individuals and Families at the First Sign of Risk
- Promote a Restorative Justice Community
To help move this plan forward, the OSHN in partnership with the Office of Youth Development has created the One Love Louisville Youth Implementation Team, who will work to move these goals.
For more information on the One Love Louisville Youth Implementation Team, click here.
The complete Youth Edition Action Plan will be released September 2015 please, check back for updates.