Resources in Louisville
UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES
- You must have an appointment to go to USCIS; they do not allow walk-ins. When you schedule an appointment with USCIS, visit their office at 411 South 4th Street, Suite 200, Louisville, KY 40202.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF LOUISVILLE – IMMIGRATION LEGAL SERVICES
- The Immigration Legal Services department at Catholic Charities of Louisville provides legal assistance and counseling to low- and moderate-income immigrants and refugees. Their staff provides a wide range of services, including assistance with naturalization and citizenship. Appointments are offered according to capacity and may be limited because they primarily serve Catholic Charities’ clients. For more information, visit CCOL Immigrant Legal Services.
KENTUCKY REFUGEE MINISTRIES _ LEGAL SERVICES
- Kentucky Refugee Ministries (KRM) offers several fee-based legal services, including assistance with citizenship and naturalization, to all community members. For a full list of their legal services and contact information, visit KYRM Immigration Citizenship.
- KRM also offers free citizenship classes that assist with learning U.S. civics and practicing for the oral interview at the YMCA Southeast, Americana Community Center, South Central Library, Iroquois Library, and online through Zoom. To register for the citizenship preparation classes, fill out the Google form here. Bring your Green Card to enroll in the classes.
- To be contacted about KRM’s services, fill out the Google form here.
LOUISVILLE FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Visit South Central Library or Iroquois Library for free citizenship and naturalization information and resources.