Neighborhood Place is a groundbreaking city initiative to provide families and individuals with better access to community based services by bringing multiple agencies together, with 8 locations across Louisville. Learn more about Neighborhood Place and how you can get involved as a member of your local NP Community Council!
To access specific programs, please see details below:
- To schedule an appointment for RCS’ Housing Stabilization Program (rent assistance), call 502-308-3344 or schedule online.
- To schedule an appointment for RCS’ HOPE Assistance Program, call 502-308-3344 or schedule online.
- To schedule an appointment for RCS’ LIHEAP (utility assistance), call 502-991-8391 or schedule online.
- For SNAP Food Benefits (food stamps), Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (KTAP/TANF), and Child Protective Services administered by the State’s Cabinet for Health and Family Services’ (CHFS) Department of Community Based Services (DCBS), call 1-855-306-8959.
- For Home Visitation administered by Healthy Start, call 502-574-6661.
- For Truancy Diversion administered by Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS), call 502-313-HELP.
Neighborhood Place featured in "Understanding the Value of Centralized Services" project
Neighborhood Place is one of three organizations featured in new research, funded by the Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation in the federal Administration for Children and Families. The Understanding the Value of Centralized Services project examined the benefits and challenges of providing multiple social services for families under one roof. Staff from MEF Associates and Mathematica visited Neighborhood Place in the spring of 2022 to document our clients’ and staff members’ experiences receiving and providing services. The study team published a final report, highlighting Neighborhood Place’s work to provide centralized services and the different ways to fund centralized services. Learn more.