- Battery Recycling, this holiday season consider purchasing rechargable batteries for your electronics. If you need to dispose of batteries, you can drop them off at the Metro Waste Reduction Center at 636 Meriwether Avenue or Haz Bin, 7501 Grade Lane. For hours, please click here.
- Broken Lights? Recycle broken lights and other used electronics at the Waste Reduction Center, 636 Meriwether Avenue.
- Christmas Tree Recycling, Metro Public Works (MPW) will provide curbside pickup of Christmas Trees within the Urban Services District (USD) after the holidays. Trees must not be in plastic bags, and all decorations must be removed. More information will be posted, once its released from The City. Drop-off sites will also be available for ALL Jefferson County residents at several locations. For more information read the District 9 eNews from December 20, click here.
- Electronics Recycling, if your electronic equipment is still functioning, please consider donating it to extend its life.
- EcoCell - accepts cell phones, smartphones, ipods, ipads, tablets, adapters, chargers, MP3 players and accessories. For more information please visit their website at www.eco-cell.com or email email@example.com.
- Louisville Waste Reduction Center - if it's broken or outdated, you may dispose of 3 or fewer items or systems (computer, monitor, keyboard, printer and external drive) for free. Accepted items include: cell phones, compact disks, CD players, computers, copies, digital cameras, electronic game systems, floppy disks, microwaves, monitors, printers, scanners, tapes, disk drives, television sets, and VCRs). If you have more than 3 items, please call the Waste Reduction Center at 574-2796.
- Purchase a Recycling Cart, did you get holiday money? Consider purchasing a larger 95 gallon recycling cart on wheels (available for residents in the USD). Click here for more information and to purchase online.
- Recycling Materials, this holiday season you can recyle paper, plastic, glass and metal. Click here for more information on the types of paper, plastic, glass and metal. If you live within the USD, you can put out your recycling on your regular collection day. If you live outside of the USD, there are several drop-off locations throughout the District and City. Click here for a map with a complete list.
Bowman Field Drivers License Branch, 3501 Roger E. Schupp Street
East District Public Works, 560 N. Hubbards Lane - full-service recycling drop-off.
Mary T. Meagher, 201 Reservoir Avenue - self-service recycling drop-off dumpster in the rear of the parking lot.
- Recycle Styrofoam, you can recycle large, clean styrofoam packing inserts at Foam Fabricators, 950 Progress Blvd, New Albany, IN.