Keep D9 Clean and Green
Help in keeping the District green and clean.
- When you see graffiti in the public right-of-way in District 9 (street sign, utility box or pole, etc.), let us know so we can work to get it removed.
- When you see graffiti on private property, call Metro311 at 3-1-1 or 574-5000. The property owner will be ordered to have it removed.
- When you see litter, pick it up and throw it away! Bring a bag on your walks and fill it up as you go. You will feel better by improving your neighborhood and you might just make someone who sees you a little more responsible.
- Make sure your trash (and that includes cigarette butts) is securely placed in the proper receptacle.
- Carry a litterbag in your vehicle or bicycle.
- Report a litterer to Metro311: https://louisvilleky.gov/government/brightside/report-litterer. The owner of the vehicle will receive a letter saying that someone reported seeing litter being thrown from their vehicle, and reminding the owner that littering is punishable by a fine of up to $500 and/or up to a year in jail.
- Volunteer for community-wide cleanups. We have them every Spring and Fall. In the meantime, you can organize your own efforts and sign out tools by contacting our office (Bill Hollander or Kyle Ethridge or 574-1109) or by contacting Brightside (http://louisvilleky.gov/government/brightside/neighborhood-cleanups or 574-2613).
Many of us complain about graffiti and litter but not enough of us are active in preventing it and cleaning it up. Won’t you start today?