No longer a well-kept secret, Louisville has enjoyed watching its national and international reputation rise with many new accolades and top rankings.
- SmartAsset names Louisville a "Top City for New College Grads"
- Louisville recognized as "Best in Class" among cities using data
- EPA ranks Louisville a "Top Midsize City" for most Energy Star certified buildings
- Governing magazine recognizes Louisville as the "Top Performer" in its Equipt to Innovate Report
- SmartAsset ranks Louisville a "Top City" for women in technology
- National Geographic named Louisville to it's list of "Best Small Cities in the U.S."
- VinePair ranks Louisville in its list of the "World's Top 10 Beer Destinations for 2018"
- Lonely Planet says Kentucky is a "Top 10 Destination" to visit in 2018"
- Forbes says Louisville is a "Top 15 City" for affordable living
- Southern Living ranks Louisville on its list of "15 Incredible Solo Vacations to Take in the South"
- Louisville named a Google Fiber city.
- Forbes ranks the city among the best for manufacturing.
- Mayor Fischer among Politico's 11 most interesting American mayors.
- Governing Magazine cites Louisville for good governing.
- WalletHub: Louisville among best-run cities.
- Louisville among best cities for theatre, Paste says.
- Louisville makes Tasting Table’s list of underrated American cities for food and drink.
- Louisville a Top 10 food city, National Geographic says.
- Kentucky ranked in Top States by Site Selection magazine.
- Louisville ranked as a Top Metro for the South Central and East North Central regions by Site Selection magazine.
- Named a "Top 10 Best City for Job Seekers" by ZipRecruiter.
- Russell neighborhood selected for a $29.5 million HUD Choice Neighborhoods grants.
- Louisville among top 10 cities where pay goes the furthest, Glassdoor says.
- Bankrate: City ranks in top 10 for homeownership.
- USA Today places Louisville among top 14 place to visit in 2016.
- Among 15 best cities in the world for food, according to The Culture Trip.
- Top seven in Site Selection Magazine's ranking of top tier metro areas with populations of a million or more — an all-time high ranking.
- Named the best destination experience by the World Food Travel Association.
- EPA ranks Louisville No. 25 in the nation among metropolitan areas with the most ENERGY STAR certified buildings.
- Glassdoor places Louisville among 25 best cities for a job.
- For the second year in a row, Site Selection magazine has named Louisville Forward as one of the Top U.S. Economic Development teams. Read more.
- Mayor Fischer awarded a 2016 National Education Pathways with a Purpose award by U.S. Conference of Mayors.
- TIME magazine’s July 7 issue touts Louisville as a place of “free-wheeling innovation” and growth.
- Summer 2016 survey of U.S. mayors by Politico named Mayor Greg Fischer as the most innovative mayor in America.
- A Top 10 "City for Jobs" by Glassdoor.
- Number one on the list of "Best U.S. Cities to Visit in 2015" by AARP Travel.
- One of the "Best Places to Travel in 2015" by Travel & Leisure Magazine.
- One of "America's Best Music Scenes" by Time Magazine.
Top 10 Metro for Economic Development in 2014 – Site Selection Magazine
Named One of Five Surprising People, Places and Things to Watch in 2015 – Forbes
USA Today ranks Louisville #2 on nation's best local food scenes.
Recognized as 1 of 9 Perfect Places for your LGBT Destination Wedding by Travel & Leisure Magazine
Louisville is a big help to Kentucky's business climate ranking 3rd
- One of the "Best Entrepreneurial Cities" by Entrepreneur.com.
- America's Breakout Cities for 2014 by CNNMoney.
- A Top 20 "City With Economic Momentum" by NewGeography.com.
- Eighth on the list of “Best Towns in America” by Outside Magazine.
- Eighth "Most Affordable City in the U.S." by Forbes.
- Top 10 "Bike-Friendly City" by USA Today
- One of the "Top 10 Cities for Being a Homeowner" by NerdWallet.
- One of the top "Creative Cities for 20-Somethings" by PolicyMic.com
- America's Best Tasting Drinking Water (again!) by American Water Works Association.
- "Top Travel Destination for 2013" by Lonely Planet.
- One of National Geographic Traveler’s “Best of the World” destinations.
- Number three "Top 30 City for Young Entrepreneurs" by the readers of Under30CEO.
- Number two "American Boomtown for Manufacturing" by Forbes.
- One of the "Top 10 Cities for Cycling" by the Travel Channel.
- One of the "Best Places to Retire" by AARP The Magazine.
- 2nd Place in the Center for Digital Government's Digital Cities Survey
- "Most Livable City in America" (large-city category) by the U.S. Conference of Mayors.
- One of the "Best Places to Retire" by U.S. News & World Report.
- One of the “Best Foodie Getaways Around the World” by Zagat restaurant digest.
- "Manliest Town in America" by GQ Magazine.
- Best city government website in America by the Center for Digital Government.
- Number 1 Digital City by the Center for Digital Government.
- Jack Olive International Compassionate City Award by the Compassionate Action Network International Institution in Seattle.
- The #1 most affordable vacation city in a Livability.com story called "Top 10 Cities for Affordable Vacations"
- Louisville Ford plants expansion named "Top Economic Deal of the Year" by Business Facilities magazine.
- One of the Top 10 "Best Cities for Families" by Parenting Magazine.
- One of the "Best Places to Live" by Men's Journal.
- Louisville's "City of Parks" project named a “Top 25” program in the Innovations in American Government Awards.
- Louisville awarded a $4.8 million grant by Bloomberg Philanthropies to improve city services and encourage innovation.
- One of the Top 10 "Tastiest Towns in the South" by Southern Living magazine.