No longer a well-kept secret, Louisville has enjoyed watching its national and international reputation rise with many new accolades and top rankings.
TripAdvisor ranks Louisville on its list of "Top Cities to Visit in 2019"
Louisville named a "Top Metro" in the South Central and East North Central regions by Site Selection magazine
Thrillist names Louisville the "Best Food City in Kentucky"
CNBC names Louisville to its list of "Top Cities" with the happiest workers.
Livability ranks Louisville No. 28 on its list of "2019 Top 100 Best Places to Live"
- SmartAsset names Louisville a "Top City for New College Grads"
- Louisville recognized as "Best in Class" among cities using data
- SmartAsset: Louisville among top cities "Where Millennials Are Moving."
- EPA ranks Louisville a "Top Midsize City" for most Energy Star certified buildings
- Governing magazine recognizes Louisville as the "Top Performer" in its Equipt to Innovate Report
- SmartAsset ranks Louisville a "Top City" for women in technology
- National Geographic named Louisville to it's list of "Best Small Cities in the U.S."
- VinePair ranks Louisville in its list of the "World's Top 10 Beer Destinations for 2018"
- Lonely Planet says Kentucky is a "Top 10 Destination" to visit in 2018"
- Forbes says Louisville is a "Top 15 City" for affordable living
- Southern Living ranks Louisville on its list of "15 Incredible Solo Vacations to Take in the South"
- Forbes ranks the city among the best for manufacturing.
- Mayor Fischer among Politico's 11 most interesting American mayors.
- Governing Magazine cites Louisville for good governing.
- WalletHub: Louisville among best-run cities.
- Louisville among best cities for theatre, Paste says.
- Louisville makes Tasting Table’s list of underrated American cities for food and drink.
- Louisville a Top 10 food city, National Geographic says.
- Kentucky ranked in Top States by Site Selection magazine.
- Louisville ranked as a Top Metro for the South Central and East North Central regions by Site Selection magazine.
- Named a "Top 10 Best City for Job Seekers" by ZipRecruiter.
- Russell neighborhood selected for a $29.5 million HUD Choice Neighborhoods grants.
- Louisville among top 10 cities where pay goes the furthest, Glassdoor says.
- Bankrate: City ranks in top 10 for homeownership.
- USA Today places Louisville among top 14 place to visit in 2016.
- Among 15 best cities in the world for food, according to The Culture Trip.
- Top seven in Site Selection Magazine's ranking of top tier metro areas with populations of a million or more — an all-time high ranking.
- Named the best destination experience by the World Food Travel Association.
- EPA ranks Louisville No. 25 in the nation among metropolitan areas with the most ENERGY STAR certified buildings.
- Glassdoor places Louisville among 25 best cities for a job.
- For the second year in a row, Site Selection magazine has named Louisville Forward as one of the Top U.S. Economic Development teams. Read more.
- Mayor Fischer awarded a 2016 National Education Pathways with a Purpose award by U.S. Conference of Mayors.
- TIME magazine’s July 7 issue touts Louisville as a place of “free-wheeling innovation” and growth.
- Summer 2016 survey of U.S. mayors by Politico named Mayor Greg Fischer as the most innovative mayor in America.
A Top 10 "City for Jobs" by Glassdoor.
Number one on the list of "Best U.S. Cities to Visit in 2015" by AARP Travel.
One of the "Best Places to Travel in 2015" by Travel & Leisure Magazine.
One of "America's Best Music Scenes" by Time Magazine.
Top 10 Metro for Economic Development in 2014 – Site Selection Magazine
Named One of Five Surprising People, Places and Things to Watch in 2015 – Forbes
USA Today ranks Louisville #2 on nation's best local food scenes.
Recognized as 1 of 9 Perfect Places for your LGBT Destination Wedding by Travel & Leisure Magazine
Louisville is a big help to Kentucky's business climate ranking 3rd
- One of the "Best Entrepreneurial Cities" by Entrepreneur.com.
- America's Breakout Cities for 2014 by CNNMoney.
- A Top 20 "City With Economic Momentum" by NewGeography.com.
- Eighth on the list of “Best Towns in America” by Outside Magazine.
- Eighth "Most Affordable City in the U.S." by Forbes.
- Top 10 "Bike-Friendly City" by USA Today
- One of the "Top 10 Cities for Being a Homeowner" by NerdWallet.
- One of the top "Creative Cities for 20-Somethings" by PolicyMic.com
- America's Best Tasting Drinking Water (again!) by American Water Works Association.
- "Top Travel Destination for 2013" by Lonely Planet.
- One of National Geographic Traveler’s “Best of the World” destinations.
- Number three "Top 30 City for Young Entrepreneurs" by the readers of Under30CEO.
- Number two "American Boomtown for Manufacturing" by Forbes.
- One of the "Top 10 Cities for Cycling" by the Travel Channel.
- One of the "Best Places to Retire" by AARP The Magazine.
- 2nd Place in the Center for Digital Government's Digital Cities Survey
- "Most Livable City in America" (large-city category) by the U.S. Conference of Mayors.
- One of the "Best Places to Retire" by U.S. News & World Report.
- One of the “Best Foodie Getaways Around the World” by Zagat restaurant digest.
- "Manliest Town in America" by GQ Magazine.
- Best city government website in America by the Center for Digital Government.
- Number 1 Digital City by the Center for Digital Government.
- Jack Olive International Compassionate City Award by the Compassionate Action Network International Institution in Seattle.
- The #1 most affordable vacation city in a Livability.com story called "Top 10 Cities for Affordable Vacations"
- Louisville Ford plants expansion named "Top Economic Deal of the Year" by Business Facilities magazine.
- One of the Top 10 "Best Cities for Families" by Parenting Magazine.
- One of the "Best Places to Live" by Men's Journal.
- Louisville's "City of Parks" project named a “Top 25” program in the Innovations in American Government Awards.
- Louisville awarded a $4.8 million grant by Bloomberg Philanthropies to improve city services and encourage innovation.
- One of the Top 10 "Tastiest Towns in the South" by Southern Living magazine.