The PCard cannot be used for the following:
- Cash Advances
- Receiving Cash Back
- Salaries and wages
- Charitable Contributions
- Controlled substances/narcotics
- Employee Travel: includes airfare, rental cars, passports, lodging, meals, gasoline, immunizations
- Gasoline - A Fuel Card must be used to purchase gasoline for Metro-owned vehicles.
- Gift cards
- Insurance (commercial). Risk Management administers the commercial insurance for Metro, including property and casual insurance.
- Legal Services
- Personal Use
- Services subject to Personal Services Contracts; i.e. consultants, legal services, etc.
A default set of blocked MCCs have been established by Louisville Metro Government. Please review the blocked list before making any purchases. Items highlighted in yellow are blocked.
If your card is declined and you have not exceeded your transaction or monthly limits, contact the PCard Office to determine the specific reason for the decline. The decline is most likely due to a blocked Merchant Category Code (MCC).