The Procurement Card (PCard) is Metro’s credit card and may be used for purchasing certain goods costing up to $2,500.00 if accepted by the vendor and not restricted by PCard policies. Metro benefits by having a more efficient, cost-effective method of purchasing and payment for small dollar transactions. If a department decides it is appropriate for their use and would like to participate, the Cardholders and Approvers shall be expected to follow the established guidelines and shall be held accountable for use of the card.
The program complements the existing purchasing and payment process. Use of the card does not replace current competitive bid regulations, nor does it allow departments to bypass Metro’s Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Efficient, timely, and cost-effective method of payment for small dollar transactions less than $2500.
- Participating departments will be allowed to procure low dollar items in person or through the Internet.
- Eliminates the need for POs resulting in a quicker purchasing process
- Vendors will be paid immediately by the merchant services provider, increasing vendor good will, and at times generating better discounts.
- Metro will make one payment per month to US Bank rather than one payment per vendor.
- Eliminates the need for petty cash reimbursements.
- Spend data availability - we will have the opportunity to perform data analytics on our purchases by expense type and Merchant Category Code which will help in the budgeting process
Login to Concur: https://www.concursolutions.com/SAMLRedirector/ClientSAMLLogin.aspx