For GRANTEE RESOURCES, including Louisville Metro Government Grants Management System trainings and User Guide, click GRANTEE RESOURCES.
METRO GOVERNMENT STAFF RESOURCES
Many of Metro’s initiatives are supported by federal, state and private grant funding. External dollars allow Metro to strengthen existing services, introduce new programs, pursue innovative concepts, and subsidize programmatic staffing and equipment. These grant funds support programs and services that benefit our community.
A coordinated approach ensures that Metro agencies follow a uniform standard regarding grant applications, management, reporting, compliance, close-out and relationship building with funders. This collectively improves Metro’s reputation among potential local, state and national funding partners, opening doors for new funding opportunities and further collaboration.
The Grants Hub ensures that:
- All grant-related activity is consistent with the Mayor’s strategic goals
- Metro agencies maintain good standing among existing and potential funding partners
- Financial and programmatic requirements of grant awards are properly managed
- Metro agencies have the tools and information they need to navigate all steps of the grants process
- Duplicate asks to funders are avoided
- Collaboration and coordination between agencies and with external partners are promoted and strengthened to reduce duplication of efforts.
NOTE: Please contact Janice Cates if interested in connecting with local/national foundations or corporations.
Below are forms, trainings and other resources for Louisville Metro Government agency staff use.
FORMS AND RESOURCES
Intent to Apply Form – Prior to applying for any grant, Metro agency staff must submit an Intent to Apply form and receive approval to apply from the Mayor’s Office and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
Grants Information Form - Use this form to request additional information about anything Grant related for Louisville Metro Government.
Document Approval Form (PDF) – The Document Approval Form is part of the signature approval process and is required in all the following instances:
- For all grant applications of any dollar amount that require matching funds
- For all grant applications $25,000 and higher
- All grant award letters/agreements
In each of the above instances, Metro agency staff must complete a Document Approval Form, attach it to the relevant application or award packet and send the entire packet to the appropriate OMB Grant Accountant for routing.
OMB Grants Administration (Grants Management and Grants Compliance) can provide your grant program with many services and resources, which are detailed in this document:
Grants Compliance Resources
Grants Compliance Training for Metro Staff
- Federal Cost Principles Course – This three-part training series covers the rules for costs charged to grant and match funds.
- Funding Source Monitoring – This document provides step-by-step information on the entire funder monitoring process.
- Subrecipient Management Manual
- Subrecipient Assessment Questionnaire
- Metro Agency Guide to the Subrecipient Assessment Questionnaire
- Risk Assessment
- Subrecipient Determination Decision Tree and Checklist
- Subrecipient Agreement Checklist
- FFATA Subaward and Executive Compensation Decision Tree
- Subaward FFATA Reporting Worksheet
- Subrecipient Invoice Review Checklist