To cancel a PCard:
- Destroy the card
- Contact the PCard Office to cancel via email to PCard@louisvilleky.gov.
The PCard must be cancelled for the following reasons:
- The Cardholder's termination of employment with LMG.
- The Cardholder's transfer to another department within LMG.
- The card is revoked by the Cardholder's supervisor or PCard Office due to policy violations or fraudulent activity/misuse.
- The Cardholder’s duties have changed to where they are no longer making purchases.
Twelve (12) month of no activity
All cards that have had no activity for twelve (12) continuous months will be monitored and cancelled as appropriate. The Cardholder and Approver will receive notification when a card has had 12 months of inactivity.
Card Surrender: Active Leave of Absence Status
The PCard must be temporarily surrendered to the employee's supervisor at the beginning of a leave of absence. The card will be deactivated by the PCard Office and cannot be used for purchases. The supervisor must appropriately secure the card, as stated in the Cardholder Responsibilities section.
If the PCard is released back to the employee upon their return authorizing continued use, the supervisor should contact the PCard Office requesting that the card be reactivated. If the employee will not be returning to work, the supervisor must contact the PCard Office to cancel.