In order to assist property or business owners in determining the best use of land and structures, or to get their business started, the Department of Economic Development offers the following redevelopment incentives.
Louisville Redevelopment Incentives
- Manufacturing Tax Moratorium - allows companies tax relief, saving money by locating or expanding a facility in Louisville Metro. The Manufacturing Tax Moratorium allows property taxes to be abated for five years for:
- A new manufacturing company locating in, or moving into, Louisville Metro
- The increased value of a building/equipment for an existing manufacturing company that is expanding its operations for a new product line in Louisville Metro
- Click here for the program application.
- Property Assessment/Reassessment Moratorium - allows the waiver of the local incremental tax value for added improvements from the assessment of a structure, for five years. The following properties are eligible:
- Structures older than 25 years are eligible if improvements are at least 25% of the property's value
- Structures older than 25 years and in a qualifying target area (a census tract where at least 70% of the residents are below 80% of the median income for Jefferson County) are eligible if improvements are at least 10% of the property's value
- The qualifying property will, at the conclusion of the improvement plan, be LEED-certified.
For more information on development incentives, please contact us or call 502.574.4140.