For more information about the Nia Center, please contact us or call 502.574.3700.
Located at 2900 W. Broadway, the Nia Center is a one-stop for resources in Louisville where you can find anything from finishing your GED, to starting a business, to getting a job.
Defined as "purpose" in Swahili, the Nia Center was named because of its purpose of empowering people to develop a more meaningful life, for themselves and their business.
ONE STOP CAREER CENTER
If you are looking for a job or need help finding the right person to fill a position, contact the Kentuckiana Works One-Stop Career Center to help you with career counseling, job placement and assistance, training and career development, and resume writing and interview coaching.
For the job seeker, One-Stop Career Center provides free career and job-search resources, workshops, and resume assistance. For employers, One-Stop Career Center provides free and fee-based human resources, training and staffing services.
Related organizations that will help with educational attainment, job search, or business growth include:
- JCPS Adult Education offers FREE basic skills, GED and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. Job skills and personal interest classes are also available at affordable rates.
- KentuckianaWorks helps organizations that meet local staffing needs. They support groups working to develop, attract and retain a superior workforce in Kentuckiana.
- West Jefferson Community Task Force identifies and addresses environmental and waste concerns. Communities and businesses get assistance creating solutions that meet their diverse needs.
- Housing Partnership, Inc. can help you live the American dream. Get control of your financial future and learn how home ownership can be within your reach.
- JobCorps helps young people ages 16-24 get a better job, make more money and take control of their lives.
SMALL BUSINESS SERVICES
If you are thinking about starting a new business, or taking your existing business to the next level, get help with the Louisville Business Clinic's business-development services.
- The Kentucky Small Business Development Center provides FREE consulting services for business planning, marketing, financial options for small businesses and startups, in addition to affordable entrepreneur training.
- KSBDC has an office at Nia, and has staff available from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- The Small Business Administration can help you obtain financial assistance to start, run or grow a business.
- SBA holds office hours at Nia Center the first Wednesday of each month, from 12:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- The SCORE (Service Core of Retired Engineers) offers in-depth counseling by people with real-world experiences, as well as low-cost pre-business workshops.
- The city's economic development team can assist you throughout the incentives process. Louisville Metro has local incentives and administers the METCO loan program, which assists with start-up capital, working capital and capital improvements to commercial and public properties.
- Louisville Metro Community Services Microbusiness Development Program offers a microbusiness program to help low and moderate income business owners with starting and growing small businesses. A microbusiness employs five or fewer people, including the owner. The program includes training, technical assistance, and an opportunity to apply for a loan.
For more information about the Nia Center, please contact us or call 502.574.1140.