Business Attraction & Expansion
Louisville Forward is an integrated approach to economic and community development, combining business attraction, expansion and retention activities, and talent and workforce attraction, with all of the city's real estate development, land use and planning and design functions to present a unified solution for job growth and quality of place.
Our Economic Development Managers can help any company navigate the incentives process, help identify real estate options, connect businesses with workforce training programs, setup meetings with higher education institutions and bring together companies to solve specific or industrywide problems.
With its high quality of life and low cost of doing business, Louisville is home to many small and large companies experiencing success in their industries. Because of our growth and business-to-business relationships in certain industries, Louisville's economic development efforts focus on five strong business clusters.
- Advanced Manufacturing - Forbes has called Louisville a manufacturing “boomtown” two years in a row.
- Business Services - With Louisville’s concentration of headquarters, back office support centers, financial services talent, and a robust tech pipeline, there’s no better place to do business.
- Food and Beverage - We are home to a range of companies from bourbon distilleries to the nation's largest restaurant headquarters to locally owned restaurants that make up our vibrant culinary scene.
- Health and Aging Innovation - Louisville has the largest concentration of health and aging innovation companies in the nation.
- Logistics - Louisville is within a one-day drive of 2/3rds of the U.S. population, and with the UPS WorldPort air hub, businesses can get products to almost anywhere in the world overnight.
For more information, please contact us.
If you are interested in submitting an RFI or RFP request, email Joshua McKee.