Run Gov’t Better
- A new electronic job requisition system has been implemented to dramatically shorten the hiring cycle.
- Placed Metro’s Performance Appraisal process on-line.
- The Wage Progression process has been fully automated.
- The Hiring Cycle has been successfully reduced to just 50 days.
- Rolling out Telework Program to all Metro agencies for January 1 launch.
Taking Care of Business
- In the first six months of 2015, HR Training has served 2,141 employees through training workshops and assisted in onboarding 243 new employees.
- The HR Compliance Division continues to deliver supervisor training on FMLA, EEO and the interplay among FMLS, ADA and Workers’ Compensation.
- Labor Relations negotiated the ratification of all AFSCME collective bargaining agreements, improving Metro’s relationship with the union.
- HR Safety conducted a Metro-wide Job Hazard Analysis for all job descriptions to ascertain what safety training should be required for each position.
- Since the start of 2013, the Lost Time Injury rating for Metro has fallen from 8.09 to 2.9.
- EEO Investigator completed Investigation Training at the EEOC.
Inclusion and Compassion
- HR produced a successful African American history month program for Metro employees.
- Created Talent & Retention Division to focus on attracting and keeping the best talent for Metro Government.
- Seventeen Metro scholarships were awarded to employees finishing their Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees.
- Metro launched the new Humana Vitality program.
- The Wellness Center will celebrate its second year in October 2015. We recently extended Wellness Center hours on Saturdays to 6 p.m. and added a second doctor.