The hiring process for some positions with Louisville Metro Government is governed by a merit-based hiring system. These Civil Service positions are ones in which individuals are hired on the basis of merit which is demonstrated by the use of competitive, job-related examinations. Employees hired under this system are covered by the respective Board and its Rules and Regulation.
Below are documents related to these Boards:
- Civil Service Board Rules & Regulations (PDF Document)
- Civil Service Re-Employment Form (PDF Document)
- Civil Service Board Hearing Procedures(PDF Document)
- Louisville Metro Civil Service/Police Merit/Jefferson County Merit Board Appeal Form (PDF Document)
- Metro Police Merit Board Rules & Regulations (PDF Document)
- Metro Police Merit Board Hearing Procedures(PDF Document)