For HCD Contractors

Dear Contractor:

Thank you for your interest in applying to be a certified contractor for Louisville Metro’s Office of Housing and Community Development (HCD). Projects involve heating/central air conditioning/hot water heater installation and gas/electrical/sewer line repairs or replacement in owner-occupied single-family homes. All contractors working on Louisville Metro’s federally funded projects are required to be fully licensed, insured and certified by federal, state and metro agencies.

HCD utilizes federal funding for housing rehabilitation projects; therefore, it is required that all contractors/firms be established and operating as a contracting business in good standing for a minimum of 3 years. The contractor/firm must have 3 years of certified knowledge and experience in general construction, HVAC, plumbing or electrical classifications. 

The contractor and/or firm must list all credit references, customer references, personal references and a list of material suppliers with whom the contractor has an established line of credit currently in place. The contractor/firm must also be registered and have a current account in good standing with the Metro Revenue Commission and Metro Human Relations Commission.

The Department of Housing and Community Development is required to use the System for Award Management (SAM) system, a federal government procurement system, to search for any exclusions or debarment information on all contractors who currently engage in projects funded through the Emergency Repair, Lead Safe Louisville, and Russell Neighborhood Revitalization programs. This search will also be conducted on any new contractors submitting applications to be added to this department’s list of certified contractors.

In order to conduct this search, each contractor is required to register their firm and owner information into the SAM system. You must enter the SAM System’s website, which is, then click on “Create User Account” and follow the directions.

Important: Below are links to applications as well as prompts to attach documents that are necessary and required for your inclusion in the approved contractors listing. You will be notified by email if you’ve been approved to be added to our Approved Contractors List.

If you have questions regarding any of the above, or information in the packet, please contact Jacie Morgan with the Office of Housing & Community Development at (502) 574-6126. You can also email or send mail to ATTN: Jacie Morgan 444 South Fifth Street, Suite 500, Louisville, Kentucky 40202.

List of HCD Home Repair Programs

Please read, review and provide all information in these application forms
If you do not have the required certifications, you can find their website links and telephone numbers below:

Enter your address and MyLouisville will find nearby city services in the following categories…

  • Sanitation Services
  • Emergency Services
  • Political Info
  • General Location Info

Find your garbage, recycling, yard waste and junk set-out dates. Sign up for junk set out and street sweeping reminders by email and text!

Report Something to Us!

MetroCall 311 is now Metro311.  And we have some exciting changes coming soon too!  Learn more now.
Login icon   Login to your account to report something to us
Login anonymously   Login anonymously to report something to us
To look up your service request number, sign in anonymously.
  • Call MetroCall at 311 or (502) 574-5000
  • Email MetroCall
  • Live Chat - Look for our Live Chat tool in the bottom right corner of our site and chat with MetroCall.