The Emergency Repair Program provides assistance to low income homeowners who need emergency repairs on their home. To be eligible for the Emergency and Exterior Repair Program the applicant must be the owner-occupant of the property and have resided in the home for at least one year, and your total household income must be at or below 80% of the median income for the area, adjusted for household size.
If you are interested in participating in this program or need additional information, please call Rehab Client Services at (502) 574-5850, Monday – Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
The Community Services’ Emergency Repair Program, administered by the Department of Community Services and Revitalization, is designed to provide low to low-moderate income residents of the Metro Louisville area with assistance with emergency and exterior repairs.
- The applicant must be Owner-occupant of property.
- Household must be within the income guidelines.
- Property has not received Home Repair or Emergency Repair assistance within a five-year period.
- The property must be within the Louisville / Jefferson County Metro area.
Examples of Emergency Repairs
- Fuse box to breaker systems
- Repair/replace any electrical parts that are considered hazardous
- Gas lines/leaks
- Water Heater
- Water lines (from street to house)
- Sewer lines (from street to house)
- Septic Systems (case by case basis)
Heating System (Furnace must have one of the following problems)
- Gas Leak
- Carbon Monoxide leak
- Gas shut-off
- Furnace not working