Studio Certification for Tattoo & Body Piercing
The following requirements shall be met before a studio certification can be issued:
All Construction Plans should be submitted to the Plans Processor of the Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness:
Louisville Metro Public Health & Wellness
400 E. Gray Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Plan Submittal Information Requirements
Please submit seven copies of plans for new and existing construction.
Plans must include:
1. Plan Application form (PDF)
2. Supplemental Health Department information sheet.
3. One (1) site utility plan showing location of building and site utilities, including sanitary sewer connection with the diameter of the connection, is required for all new buildings and attached to each set of plans.
4. Floor plan layout, mechanical schematics, construction materials and finish schedules. Click here for a Sample Floor Plan.
5. Equipment list, which includes the types, manufacturers, model numbers, locations, dimensions, performance capacities and installation specifications.
6. Site plan that includes the property lines, adjacent streets, location of structure(s), outdoor seating areas, parking areas, dumpster area and loading area (you may print a base map from www.lojic.org & add the required features).
7. All new submittals must include 1 (one) full facility set of construction plans with specs & six (6) plumbing plans with isometrics. The plans must be legible or new plans will be required before the plan review process begins. Click here for plan submittal requirements.