Food Service Managers Certification
1989 Jefferson County Fiscal Court: A certified food service manager and/or food service employee is required to be on duty whenever the food service establishment is open for business or preparing food. All food service establishments are required to post the certificates issued by the Board of Health.
LMCO Chapter 118
NEW ! We are excited to announce that we are now offering the Certified Food Manager Course online. This will give individuals an in-person and online option for the course.
StateFood Safety administers the new online course. The course incorporates a full audiovisual interactive learning experience with question- and-answer segments. Instruction will also be able to facilitate the needs of those with hearing, and vision loss and learning disabilities.
- Cost is $35.00
- Approximately two hours in length. Individuals can start and stop as needed.
- Compatible on computers, tablets, Android and iOS smartphone devises.
- Objectives will include safe food handling, cross-contamination prevention and proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Comes with one year of unlimited access to the training videos.
- Participants in the course will need a grade of 70 percent to successfully complete the course.
- Upon completion you will be able to print your certificate or send email to your inbox for printing.
- Certification is valid for three years.
Individuals will still have the option to take the in-person class at Martha Gregory and Associates. The in-person course will be limited to 10 people or less per class, and safety measures such as mask wearing and social distancing will be in place to comply with safety recommendations of our state and local public health departments.
You can access the online course here. For additional information on food safety, you can visit our website here. For questions or problems with the online course please contact StateFood Safety Customer Service at 801-494-1416.
The fee for the Certified Food Service Manager Course is $35.00 per person. The retest fee is $15.00 per test.
1. $35.00 check or money order payable to:
Louisville Metro Government
Att: Environmental Health Services
400 E. Gray St.
Louisville, KY 40202
Or to apply and pay online click here.
2. Application filled out by employee enrolling in the course.
3. Home Study Booklet mailed to enrollee.
4. Contact Martha Gregory & Associates, Inc. to sign up for course. Phone: (502) 458-0841
Training Center Location:
3010 Taylor Springs Dr.
Louisville, KY 40220
5. Three-hour Sanitation Course, with up to one hour for the test. Each applicant has 90 days from date of enrollment to complete the course and examination with Martha Gregory and Associates. Failure to provide 24 hrs. advance notification of cancellation will result in the applicant losing their $35.00 fee.
6. Persons who fail the test and need to retake the exam must pay a $15 fee and retest within 60 days of initial test date.
7. Certification remains current for 3 years.
8. ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification, Prometric Certified Professional Food Manager, and the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals Food Safety Professionals Food Safety Manager Certification will be accepted in lieu of the Food Service Managers course, for a fee of $35.00. Please submit original certificate, social security number and picture id along with the application for transfer.
9. Duplicate copies-$10.00