Where are we fogging? Call the Mosquito Fogging Hotline 502-574-6641
Fogging operations are part of our Integrated Mosquito Management (IMM) plan. Fogging missions are scheduled on a case by case basis after evaluating a number of factors that include disease presence, mosquito population density, and special human population considerations. You can find the best ways to prevent mosquitoes here.
The LMPHW Mosquito Control Program team uses Zenivex, a synergized synthetic pyrethroid, using an ultra low volume fogging machine. This product offers a very low toxicity and odor. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Kentucky Department of Agriculture recognize pyrethroids as safe to use without posing unreasonabl risks to human health. Zenivex breaks down quickly in sunlight and does not have a residual effect.
Fogging occurs if disease is present or a high number of mosquitoes are found in a specific area.
- Mosquito fogging takes place between dusk and dawn.
- Fogging cannot be done if it is raining, if wind speeds exceed 10 miles per hour or if evening temperatures are below 65 degrees.
- If fogging activities are cancelled due to weather conditions, they will be rescheduled for the next available weekday evening.
During fogging operations PLEASE:
- Keep children away from the fogging vehicle.
- Park your vehicle off the street when possible.
- Do Not tailgate or follow the fogging vehicles.
- Do Not stop the fogging truck while it is fogging.
- Go inside and remain indoors while the fogging vehicle is in the neighborhood.
Click here to be alerted of fogging operations in your area and for other important community notification alerts.
To issue a mosquito complaint in your area dial 311 or (502) 574-6650.
To find out where and when we are fogging, call our mosquito hotline at (502) 574- 6641.
To add your name and address for no fogging please contact 502.574.6560.
2020 Mosquito Fogging Locations Areas
Fogging Area Boundaries
August 11 - 12
Irish Hill area
N- Story Avenue
S- E Breckinridge Street
E- Cave Hill Cemetery
W- S. Campbell Street
Please note we do not fog the actual cemetery, only neighborhoods.
Butchertown, NULU, Phoenix Hill
S- E. Gray Street
E- S. Clay Street
W- S. 4th Street