The Healthcare Emergency Response Association (HERA) Region 6 is a healthcare coalition comprised of physicians and executive health system staff dedicated to the promotion of preparedness in our region. We are like-minded individuals, committed to working together within the region to create systems that provide a consistent and sustainable healthcare delivery platform at all times, even during a disaster. Region 6 encompasses Jefferson, Bullitt, Oldham, Henry, Shelby, Spencer, and Trimble Counties.
Our mission, as HERA Region 6, is to bring healthcare emergency preparedness leaders from a various backgrounds together, to form sustained and enduring relationships that nurture the development of supportive, cohesive partnerships that promote and enhance the disaster preparedness of our community’s healthcare services through coordinated disaster preparedness, education, public outreach and response and recovery activities.
- We provide a forum for the healthcare community to collaborate, not only with one another, but with other response agencies at a country, regional, and state level to promote a mission of emergency preparedness.
- We promote emergency preparedness in a productive exchange of ideas and alternative approaches from diverse experiences, in order to develop regional plans that support all of our community’s healthcare services, and enhance regional response to emergencies and disasters.
- We continually strive to improve the timely delivery and regional coordination of healthcare emergency response services, and further improve communication between local, regional, and state entities on community-wide emergency planning and response.
- We provide coordinated exercises and training to prepare our HERA Region 6 healthcare system to produce optimal outcomes when disaster strikes for those who rely on us most.
- We promote preparedness in the healthcare community through standardized practices and integration with other response partners.
Our leadership is comprised of elected representatives from a variety of healthcare facilities, including behavioral health, EMS, EMA, hospitals, limited care centers, local health departments, long term care, and the Greater Louisville Medical Society. Our general membership boasts participation from over (65) healthcare facilities within Region 6, in addition to over (24) partnering community agencies.
If you are interested in becoming a member of HERA Region 6 coalition, or have questions about how your organization can become a partnering agency, please contact Amanda Hunter, HERA Region 6 Healthcare Coalition Coordinator (HCC), at email@example.com.