Hepatitis A is a vaccine-preventable, communicable disease of the liver caused by a virus. It is usually transmitted person-to-person through the fecal-oral route or consumption of contaminated food or water.
The best way to prevent hepatitis A infection is to get vaccinated.
- General information about Hep A
- Where can I get vaccinated?
- Vaccines are given by appointment at our Newburg and Dixie clinics. If you have questions or need assistance, call 502-574-5380. Language assistance is available.
- Your health care provider or local pharmacies.
If you do not have health insurance, you can obtain it from one of these providers:
For Health Care Providers
- Information for health care providers