Health Department Refund Policy
Louisville Metro Public Health and Wellness
May 30, 2018
Louisville Metro Public Health and Wellness is committed to serving the public. We take payments for some services and the following encompasses our return policy:
- In order to process a refund, we ask that you complete the “Request for Refund” form and attach the following supporting documentation:
- Proof of payment
- Mailing address
- Explanation of reason for refund
- Any other documentation that would show cause for the refund
- The method of refund is dependent on the original method of payment
- Cash payments are refunded via check
- Check payments are refunded via check
- Money order payments are refunded via check
- Credit Card payments are refunded back to the card used
- State permit fees cannot be transferred or prorated, for example if a facility is open for any part of the year, the entire fee is due. However, we will provide refunds to operators who pay before the 1st of the year and then close before the New Year.
- We will provide refunds to food manager course applicants if they can no longer attend the class they signed up for as long as they contact the Food Safety and Protection program at least 24 hours prior to their class time.
- We will refund temporary food permits when an event is canceled.
- We will refund duplicate or overpayments.
- All other refunds will be dealt with on a case by case basis.