Harm Reduction Outreach Services (formerly syringe services)
Through our Outreach Services we provide a wide array of supportive services including linkage to substance use treatment programs, screening and linkage to care for HIV and viral hepatitis, naloxone distribution and education about overdose prevention, referrals to other social, mental health, and medical resources.
Our Outreach Services are a set of proven harm reduction practices to reduce the spread of HIV and bloodborne diseases. They are anonymous and free. Operated in partnership by the Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness, UK – Target Four, and the Kentucky Harm Reduction Coalition.
Locations and hours of operation:
(LGBTQ Safe Place)
- The Hope Garden, 513 S. 26th St.
Open the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Fridays, 9a-12p
- Redeemer Lutheran Church, 3640 River Park Dr. (37th and River Park)
Open Mondays, 11a-2p
- Beulah Presbyterian Church, 6704 Bardstown Rd.
Open Tuesdays, 3:30p-6:30p
- St. John Center, 700 E. Muhammad Ali Blvd.
Open the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 9a-12p
- Sweet Evening Breeze, 801 Barret Ave., Suite 211
Open the 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 11a – 2p
- Hazelwood, 4696 Hazelwood Ave. (just past St. Mary and Elizabeth Hospital)
Open Wednesdays, 11a-2p
- Behind the Lake Dreamland Fire Station, 4603 Cane Run Rd.
Open Thursdays, 11a-2p
- Portland Family Health Center Parking Lot, 2215 Portland Ave.
Open Fridays, 1p-4p
- Behind the Louisville Metro Southwest Government Center, 7219 Dixie Highway
Open Saturdays, 10a-1p
- Social Practice Lab, 1229 S. Shelby St.
Open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11a-4p
- Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness, 400 E. Gray Street, open:
- Monday, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Addiction and Treatment Help
- Overdose Prevention
- Overdose Prevention Video Link
- Fentanyl Test Strip Graphic
- Request free fentanyl test strips
- Harm Reduction Coalition Overdose Prevention
To request a Narcan kit call us at 502-574-8800 or contact the Kentucky Harm Reduction Coalition at 502-537-6061.