Harm Reduction Outreach Services (formerly syringe services)
A proven practice to reduce the spread of HIV and bloodborne diseases, anonymous and free. Operated in partnership by the Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness, UK – Target Four, and the Kentucky Harm Reduction Coalition.
Locations and hours of operation:
(LGBTQ Safe Place)
- The Hope Garden, 513 S. 26th St.
Open the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Fridays, 9a-12p
- Redeemer Lutheran Church, 3640 River Park Dr. (37th and River Park)
Open Mondays, 11a-2p
- Beulah Presbyterian Church, 6704 Bardstown Rd.
Open Tuesdays, 3:30p-6:30p
- St. John Center, 700 E. Muhammad Ali Blvd.
Open the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 9a-12p
- Sweet Evening Breeze, 801 Barret Ave., Suite 211
Open the 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 11a – 2p
- Hazelwood, 4696 Hazelwood Ave. (just past St. Mary and Elizabeth Hospital)
Open Wednesdays, 11a-2p
- Behind the Lake Dreamland Fire Station, 4603 Cane Run Rd.
Open Thursdays, 11a-2p
- Portland Family Health Center Parking Lot, 2215 Portland Ave.
Open Fridays, 1p-4p
- Behind the Louisville Metro Southwest Government Center, 7219 Dixie Highway
Open Saturdays, 10a-1p
- Social Practice Lab, 1229 S. Shelby St.
Open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11a-4p
Open Saturdays, 11a-2p
- Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness, 400 E. Gray
Open Mondays and Fridays, 11a-4p
Open Wednesdays, 1p-6p