Call the LOU HEALTH helpline 502-912-8598.
Harm reduction is a set of practical strategies and ideas aimed at reducing negative consequences associated with drug use. It's also a movement for social justice built on a belief in, and respect for, the rights of people who use drugs.
What is an SSP? Syringe services programs (SSPs) are also referred to as syringe exchange programs (SEPs) and needle exchange programs (NEPs). Although the services they provide may vary, SSPs are community-based programs that provide access to sterile needles and syringes, facilitate safe disposal of used syringes, and provide and link to other important services and programs such as
- Referral to substance use disorder treatment programs.
- Screening, care, and treatment for viral hepatitis and HIV.
- Education about overdose prevention and safer injection practices.
- Vaccinations, including those for hepatitis A and hepatitis B.
- Screening for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Abscess and wound care.
- Naloxone distribution and education.
- Referral to social, mental health, and other medical services.
- CDC SSP Fact Sheet
- SSP Participant Bill of Rights and Responsibilities **UPDATE**
- SSP County Locations in Kentucky
- Proper Sharps Disposal
- Overdose Prevention Video Link
- Overdose Prevention Graphic Link
- Fentanyl Test Strip Graphic
- Harm Reduction Coalition Overdose Prevention
Safer Sex and Sex Work
- Coalition for the Homeless
- Re-center Ministries for Women and Children
- Up Louisville
- St John Center for Men
- Syringe Service Program Medical Harm Reduction Toolkit
- Harm Reduction Action Center
- National Harm Reduction Coalition
- Harm Reduction International
- Kentucky Harm Reduction Coalition
Who We Are
- Monday - 400 E. Gray Street, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday - 1229 S. Shelby Street, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday - 400 E. Gray Street, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday - 1229 S. Shelby Street, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday - 400 E Gray Street, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday - 1229 S. Shelby Street, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Front row seated L-R: Rebecca Hatfield; Alena Huber; Sheila Redella; Benjamin Goldman; Cillian Browne
Back row standing L-R: Aletia Smith; Patrick Dineen; Michael Kopp; Jonathan Lewis; Shannon Bretz; Dustin Collins
Enter your address and MyLouisville will find nearby city services in the following categories:
- Solid Waste Services
- Emergency Services
- Political Info
- General Location Info
Find your garbage, recycling, yard waste and large-item set-out dates. Sign up for large-item set out and street sweeping reminders by email and text!
- Residential Services & Locations
- LOJIC Mapping Hub
- Snow Routes Map
- Voting Locations
- Short Term Rental Host Eligibility Map
- Waze Traffic Updates & Road Closures Map
- Neighborhoods, Municipalities, and Districts
- Current Air Quality
- Metro Council Maps
- Interesting Story Maps
- Redlining Louisville Map
- One Bright City Initiative
Covid-19 Testing Information Inmate Search Covid Assistance Programs Adopt a pet 2021 Delinquent Child Support List Find a Neighborhood Place Near You Junk and Bulk Trash Disposal Animal Services Sign up for Junk, Garbage and Recycling Notifications Low Income Energy Assistance Program Revenue Commission / Forms & Publications Search our website by keyword Download the 311 mobile app Report an issue Report or search lost and found animals
Download the 311 mobile app and report something to us Order garbage & recycling carts/bins Get an accident report Report a property maintenance issue Get a permit, license or application Pay a parking ticket online City planning and zoning Pay your water/sewer bill Pay your electric/gas bill Bid on surplus items Get a special events permit Pay occupational taxes Pay monthly parking