External Agency Fund
City announces opportunity to apply for the External Agency Fund Competitive Grants
Grants available to social services and arts and creative industry organizations
Louisville Metro Government (LMG) will begin accepting External Agency Fund applications on January 13, 2022 for Fiscal Year 2023 (July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023). These grants, funded through the city’s General Fund, are awarded to non-governmental or "external” agencies that contribute to the city's cultural, social and economic vitality.
External Agency Fund (EAF) grants are awarded annually to nonprofit organizations offering programs or services in Jefferson County that align with the Mayor's strategic goals. The competitive grants are available for Social Services programs, administered by the Office of Resilience and Community Services, and for Arts and Creative Industries programs, administered by Louisville Forward.
For the Social Services funding program, qualified nonprofits committed to providing services that achieve meaningful outcomes for Louisville residents in the following key areas are encouraged to apply:
- Decreasing homelessness;
- Increasing household financial stability;
- Increasing youth, teen, and/or young adult engagement in quality programming; and/or
- Increasing access to services and resources for a targeted population.
For the Arts and Creative Industries funding program, qualified nonprofits committed to providing programs that achieve meaningful outcomes for Louisville residents in the following focus areas are encouraged to apply:
- Arts experiences for everyone;
- Creative workforce; and/or
- Creative community spaces and neighborhoods.
For more information about the Arts and Creative Industries funding program, visit here:
- Applications Guidelines may now be viewed for reference by clicking here.
- The application window will open on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 5 p.m. To access the community service and youth EAF link, click here. To access the arts EAF link, click here.
- All agencies wishing to apply should have at least one representative attend the virtual application orientation on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 via WebEx from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The orientation will provide information about deadlines, how to access the application and other general information.
- Following the orientation, the city will begin accepting applications on Thurs., Jan. 13 at 5 p.m. The deadline to apply is Thursday, February 3, 2022 by 5 p.m.
(Update as of Jan. 11, 2022): A virtual orientation was held on Tues., Jan. 11, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. for agencies interested in applying for the EAF grant. The session was recorded on Webex. Please watch and listen here:
WebEx meeting recording: EAF Application Orientation-20220111 1504-1
Recording link: https://louisvilleky.webex.com/louisvilleky/ldr.php?RCID=142664fde5e2516487abebef6178c8d5
To view the FY23 EAF Orientation Slides, click here.
Applications will be reviewed by separate External Agency Fund panels, which include Metro Council members and community representatives. Funding recommendations made by these panels will be included in Mayor Greg Fischer’s recommended Fiscal Year 2023 budget.
Louisville Metro Government employs a competitive granting strategy and strives to award funding to agencies that demonstrate measurable positive impact in the community and are good stewards of taxpayer dollars. Successful grantees will be required to report on how the taxpayer dollars are spent and their success in meeting stated goals and outcomes.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, February 3, by 5 p.m.
Please email all questions to [email protected].