The position of EMT Recruit is not currently posted for application. Please check our website frequently for updates or click here to sign up to be notified by email when the position is posted.
Louisville Metro EMS routinely hires EMT Recruit position for individuals with out EMS experience or certifications. This site will be a main point of communication for the selection process which will include the latest process updates and applicant information.
4 Month Paid Training Class
Pay During Training: $13.05/hour
Pay After Certification: $15.61/hour
The EMT Recruit position is an opportunity for individuals seeking certification and full-time employment as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). EMT Recruits will be paid during the 4 month training process ($13.05 per hour) and are eligible for benefits. Upon successful certification as an EMT, Recruits will be promoted to a full-time EMT position ($15.61 per hour) with Louisville Metro EMS. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements at the time of application:
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- No Felony Convictions - Misdemeanors are considered on a case by case basis.
Please click the below links for more information about this process.
- Download Applicant Forms Below (to be submitted at Information and Testing Session)
- Visitor Parking Map for Information and Testing Sessions
- Selection Process Overview
- About Louisville Metro EMS
- Metro Government Benefits
If you have any questions related to this process or about the position, please contact: