Property Redevelopment Incentives
In order to assist property and business owners in determining the best use of land and structures and help residents start a business, the Department of Economic Development offers the following redevelopment incentives.
Louisville Redevelopment Incentives
- Manufacturing Tax Moratorium - allows companies to save money when locating or expanding a facility in Louisville Metro. The Manufacturing Tax Moratorium abates property taxes for five years for:
- A new manufacturing company locating in, or moving into, Louisville Metro
- The increased value of a building/equipment for an existing manufacturing company that is expanding its operations with a new product line in Louisville Metro
For more information, please call (502) 574-4140.
Property Assessment/Reassessment Moratorium
The moratorium allows the waiver of the local incremental tax value for added improvements from the assessment of a structure for five years. The following properties are eligible:
- Structures older than 25 years are eligible if improvements are at least 25% of the property's value
- Structures older than 25 years and in a qualifying target area (a census tract where at least 70% of the residents are below 80% of the area median income for Jefferson County) are eligible if improvements are at least 10% of the property's value
- The qualifying property will, at the conclusion of the improvement plan, be LEED-certified.
For more information on development incentives, please call (502) 574-4140.