Your Tax Dollars at Work Data Policy
1. This website — “Your Tax Dollars at Work” — is the Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government (hereinafter referred to as “Metro Government”) Searchable Accountability Website. This website is designed to allow the public, at no cost, to search for the following information:
- Financial information such as the name of payee, amount, date, receiving or requesting agency, and the funding by fund source; the program, activity or function of the expenditure; the expenditure by category such as supplies, contractual, personnel, capital outlay, etc.; the expenditure by subcategory such as travel allowance, repair parts and the like; any Metro Government audit or report;
- Payroll information such as salaries and wages paid to individual employees of Metro Government’s agencies and members of boards and commissions;
- The amount of revenues received by each revenue source in which Metro Government levies a tax, fee or in any other collection of revenue;
- List of all Metro Government established or approved boards and commissions and their members including position and contact information, the amount paid to board or commission members per meeting, if applicable;
- Quarterly and year end financial reports by department and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report;
- Copies of agreements, grants, contracts and any other document or agreement by which Metro Government obligates itself for amounts of $250,000 or more until June 30, 2010 and for amounts of $50,000 or more thereafter.
2. Updates are provided to the website as follows:
- revenue by source and expense data are updated no later than 30 days from the end of each month;
- financial reports are updated no later than 45 days from the end of each fiscal quarter;
- agreements, contracts, and grants are updated within 30 days of signing of the document by the Administration;
- fiscal year-end reports are updated no later than 30 days of their publication date;
- internal and external audits are made available within 30 days of their release from the issuing agency or auditor;
- boards or commissions information is updated within 30 days of any change;
- All other information contained in the website shall be updated but no less than 90 days.
- “Data” means any information contained within this website, including all updates to such information.
- “Secondary Use” means any use of the Data that is used to produce another set of information, records, or modification of the Data.
4. Secondary Use
- Once Data is taken off of this site, Metro Government has no control over the end use of the Data. No User may claim in any way that the User has the approval of Metro Government for use of the Data, the analysis of any Data, or the Secondary Use of such Data.
- Any User, in its use of the Data, should reflect the date upon which the Data was retrieved from the website, as well as a reference to the URL at which the Data was found, or a reference to the website of www.louisvilleky.gov.
- Metro Government, by making this Data available for informational purposes only, does not grant the User any right or title to any intellectual property rights that Metro Government may have in the Data.
5. General Provisions
- By using Data made available through this site the User agrees to all the conditions stated in the following paragraphs as well as the terms and conditions described herein.
- Any use of the Data shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky without regard to conflict of laws provisions. In the event of any proceedings regarding the use of the website or Data contained within the website, the parties agree that the venue shall be the state courts of Kentucky or the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Louisville Division. All parties expressly consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in such Court for the limited and sole purpose of proceedings relating to this Agreement or any rights or obligations arising there under. Service of process may be accomplished by following the procedures prescribed by law.