The Opportunity Network was founded in 2018 out of the Bingham Fellows through Leadership Louisville. The network was established as a sub-group of the Metro Criminal Justice Commission to improve the lives of youth and adults returning from incarceration by addressing policies and practices that create barriers to successful transition and reintegration into the community. This partnership between state and local representatives focuses on the system as a whole in order to break down the silos impacting the lives of members of our community.
- To build a healthy vibrant community that works to achieve successful reentry.
- To eliminate barriers to reentry by advocating for effective policies and practices connecting Kentucky communities.
- Responsible commitment to research of effective practices and policies.
- Equitable reentry practices and standards.
- Recognizable identity of inclusion and collaboration.
- Promote successful reentry.
- Create inclusive collaboration among strategic justice partners.
- Advocate for statutes, regulations, and policies/practices that reflect effective methods of successful reentry.
- Operate from a strong organizational framework.
- Dennis Ritchie, Chair, Goodwill Industries of Kentucky
- Judge Brian Edwards, Jefferson County Circuit Court
- Ray Mansfield, Center for Employment Opportunities
- Quinones Corniel, Office for Safe & Healthy Neighborhoods
- Hope Knuckles-Perks, Youth Advocate Programs
- Judge Tara Hagerty, Jefferson County Family Court
- Matthew Aaron, Kentucky Department of Corrections
- Liz McQuillen, Greater Louisville Inc.
- Judge Tanisha Hickerson, Jefferson County District Court
- Samantha Mills, Goodwill Industries of Kentucky
- Mane Martirosyan, Louisville Metro Department of Corrections
- Robert Greenwell, Rev-A-Shelf
- Yvette Goodwin Jamison, Robert Jamison Ministries
- RaSjawnda Halsel, Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice
- Michael Ferraraccio, Louisville Metro Public Defender’s Office
- Patti Echsner, Jefferson County Attorney’s Office
- Brian Scully, St. Vincent de Paul
- Amanda Newton, Recovery Concierge Services
- Gary Polsgrove, Second Hope Ministries
- Hayley Hoover, Volunteers of America
Network Meeting Schedule
The Opportunity Network meets quarterly.
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Location: Training Room, 1st Floor
Jefferson Judicial Center
700 West Jefferson Street
Louisville, KY 40202