2019 TAX BILLS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR PAYMENT PLANS.
The office is open weekdays from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. The phone number is (502) 574-6331. The Jefferson County Attorney's Office, Delinquent Tax Department is open but social distance rules apply to protect against the spread of COVID-19.
Please only come to our office if it is absolutely necessary.
For your protection and the protection of staff, please apply for Payment Plans via this website or the form and envelopes that will accompany the letter you will receive on or about June 11 and July 10.
Payments can be sent via mail to:
Jefferson County Attorney's Office
Delinquent Tax Division
531 Court Place
Louisville, KY 40202
If you must come to the office, please follow these rules established for your protection:
- Please be respectful of others and wear a mask and gloves
- When you arrive at 531 Court Place, please see the guard. The guard will allow you access to the 9th floor when space is available.
- Only four (4) people are allowed on the 9th floor at one time
- Spaces mark where you may stand until the tax window or payment plan table becomes available.
- If you are ONLY filling out a payment plan request you will do so on the first floor and leave in the designated box.
- You may be required to wait outside the building until room is available
The quickest and easiest way to sign up for a payment plan is on our website or fill out the form that will be included with your Delinquent Tax notifications sent in June and July 2020. An addressed envelope will be included.
For assistance, please call (502) 574-6331 and a Tax Division staff member will be available to help you. As the call volume will be high, please leave a messae if prompted and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
No one will be removed from a payment plan during this state of emergency.
Our latest operational updates may be found using this link during the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- A certificate of delinquency was created on May 15, 2020 (moved back from April 15, 2020).
- Eligible deliquent tax certificates are currently scheduled to be offered for sale on August 14, 2020 (moved back from July 17, 2020).
Tax Payments and other correspondence can be mailed to the following address:
Jefferson County Attorney’s Office
531 Court Place
Louisville, KY 40202.
Our Jefferson County Attorney's Office Tax Team collected more than $13 million in 2019, bringing in money that is used for services including fire protection, education and other essential government services.
2019 tax bills are paid to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office from November 1, 2019 through May 15, 2020. Please visit the Jefferson County Sheriff's site to view and pay your 2019 tax bill beginning November 1, 2019 through May 15, 2020.
To determine your current DELIQUENT property tax, please use the Jefferson County Clerk's Taxmaster site.
To review your home's assessment, please visit the Jefferson County PVA site.
AUTHORIZATION: The Jefferson County Attorney is statutorily required to administer and collect the delinquent ad valorem real and personal property taxes for property located within Louisville Metro pursuant to KRS Chapter 134 by agreement with the Kentucky Department of Revenue. These duties include assisting the Jefferson County Property Valuation Administration in Tax Assessment Appeals, working with the Jefferson County Sheriff and Jefferson County Clerk on all matters tax, and overseeing the collection, sale and foreclosure of delinquent tax certificates. The efforts are all part of meeting the Kentucky Constitutional Duty to impose tax for the support of our schools, communities, fire districts and governmental partners.