Child Support Division

Effective January 2, 2024, the Child Support Division will be located at 1930 Bishop Lane, Suite 100 at Watterson Office Park.

The last date for in-person business at our current location will be December 22, 2023.

The office phone number will remain the same. Please call our Child Support line at (502) 574-8300 if you have questions or need assistance.


Child Support Division
1930 Bishop Lane, Suite 100
(phones answered Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM) 

You may also access the Cabinet for Health and Family Services interactive website at

Visit the Kentucky Cabinet for Health & Family Services to learn more.

Jefferson County Attorney Mike O’Connell administers the largest child support division in Kentucky, with nearly 55,000 active cases, more than $50 million annually in collections and eight full-time Child Support detectives to serve those who apply for services. 

The Jefferson County Attorney’s Office, Child Support Division, through the Kentucky Cabinet for Families and Children, locates non-custodial parents and helps get financial and medical support from them for their children. The following services are available:

  • Location of non-custodial parents
  • Establishment of paternity*
  • Establishment of financial and medical support
  • Enforcement and collection of support payments
  • Enforcement of medical support
  • Review and modification of support orders*

*Either parent can request these actions. To provide these services the child support program works closely with federal, state and local agencies as well as employers.

Apply for Child Support

Monday - Friday
Open 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Payment Window Open 8:00AM - 4:45PM Daily
(502) 574-8300


Frequently Asked Questions

Who is Eligible?
A parent or person who has physical custody of a child may apply for child support services.
The Jefferson County Attorney charges no fee for these services. 

What Kind of Information Do I Need to Provide to Obtain Child Support?
It is helpful if you can provide the non-custodial parent’s address, social security number, date of birth, employer, bank account numbers, property holdings and investments. Look for this information in old insurance policies, credit card or other applications, state and federal tax returns, hospital records, police records and birth certificates. 

You may be able to get information from the non-custodial parent’s business associates, friends, or relatives. Also, please provide copies of any existing court orders and record of payments. 

What if I Can’t Find the Information and Don’t Know Where the Non-custodial Parent Lives or Works?
If you can provide the non-custodial parent’s date of birth, father’s name, and mother’s maiden name, the child support agency may be able to obtain information from the Social Security Administration, the Internal Revenue Service, the Veterans’ Administration, the Department of Defense, the Armed Forces, and/or the Selective Service Administration. 

If you can provide the non-custodial parent’s social security number, the child support agency can obtain information from all state and federal files. Be aware, however, that finding a non-custodial parent through these sources may take several months. 

What if the Non-Custodial Parent Lives in Another State?
The same location resources and services are available in all states. Although interstate cases are more difficult and generally take longer, new federal legislation and more computer links between states are improving interstate processing of child support. 

How Can I Find Out More Information About Child Support Services?
You may obtain additional information regarding Child Support Services offered by the Jefferson County Attorney’s Office of Child Support by calling 502 574-8300 24 hours a day. You may also access additional information by visiting the Cabinet for Health and Family Services website at

What is Paternity and Why is it Important to establish Paternity?
Establishing paternity for a child creates a legal duty to support a child born out of wedlock. Both parents have the duty to support the child. Even when parents are unmarried, they are required to support their child until he/she becomes an adult. By establishing paternity, an unmarried father provides the child with certain rights and privileges, including but not limited to -- financial support, sense of identity, medical history and the right to Social Security benefits, insurance benefits and inheritance rights.

Enter your address and MyLouisville will find nearby city services in the following categories:

  • Garbage Icon Solid Waste Services
  • Police Badge Icon Emergency Services
  • Political Info Icon Political Info
  • House Icon General Location Info

Find your garbage, recycling, yard waste and large-item set-out dates. Sign up for large-item set out and street sweeping reminders by email and text!

Use the Metro311 Online Portal,
our 311 mobile app or email to report something to us!

Call Metro311 at 311 or (502) 574-5000

No service has been selected.

No form has been selected.