If you would like to add money to a defendant's account electronically, you may use the following methods:
· Toll-Free Telephone: 1-866-232-1899
· Online: Touch Pay Online
· Kiosk: Located in the Exit Lobby at:
- Louisville Metro Dept. of Corrections - Liberty Street side at 400 South 6th Street, Louisville, KY 40202.
- Hall of Justice 600 W. Jefferson St, Louisville, KY 40202. (1st Fl lobby and Basement lobby.)* (No Money orders or checks are accepted by the Kiosk)
· Credit Card Machine: Available to inmates at booking in the Intake Room at the Jail
Forms of payment accepted to add money to an inmate’s account:
· Cash money: Kiosk ONLY.
· Visa/MasterCard Debit/Credit: ALL kiosk locations
Payment in person for an inmate's bond, can be accepted 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
Inmate bond payments can be posted in person at the Hall of Justice located at 600 W. Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202.
In order to be eligible to post a bond payment at the Hall of Justice, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must appear in person.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must provide a government-issued valid picture identification.
- You must post the bond payment with Cash, Certified Check, some Debit Cards, or Credit Cards.*
*Debit Cards have a service charge and MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are now accepted.
Bond Online or Kiosk Option:
If an inmate qualifies for Self-bond you can add money to the inmates spending account which the inmate can allocate funds to post the bond payment. Fees will apply ($70 for every $1000 bond). Inmates can only choose to allocate the funds towards the bond if they meet the following criteria:
- Inmate must be a resident of Kentucky with a valid address in the system.
- The bond is for cases in District Court only (No Circuit Court Cases).
- No DUI Cases.
- No Domestic Violence cases (EPO, DVO, Assault w/DV).
- No booking fee balance with Louisville Metro Department of Corrections.
If you would like to post bond for an inmate and have any questions, call the District Court Clerk's Office at (502) 595-4428 or (502) 595-3060.
They will be able to provide the information you need based on the inmate's status and which court is handling his or her case.