Ride the Steps of Success with LMDC
Become A . . .
There are many career opportunities available at Louisville Metro Department of Corrections (LMDC). Employees have the opportunity to learn many aspects of the criminal justice system. We are currently accepting applications for Corrections Officers. Please continue to watch our Web site for upcoming open positions.
LMDC offers competitive benefits, pay package, paid training, hazardous duty retirement, as well as assignment variety and opportunity for advancement. Once recruits complete our training academy, graduates become sworn peace officers. Corrections officers are exposed to the court process, criminal law, physical defense tactics, search and seizure, chain of evidence, firearms training and much more.
See the left navigation menu for more information on the following:
- Job Description and Requirements
- Corrections Officer Application and Selection Process
- Contact Us
Please visit the left navigation menu to view and download Forms & Required Documentation:
- Applicant Checklist
- Physical Ability Test Description
- Physcial Ability Test Information
- Consent and Medical Release Forms
- Credit Report
- Pre-Employment Polygraph Booklet
- Pre-Employment Interview Packet
- Official Driving History Record
- Map to testing facility
- A color copy of your driver's license
- Your actual driver's license