Note: The online permitting portal will be offline for maintenance on Saturday, July 7 from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.
COMING SOON: THIS SUMMER LOUISVILLE METRO WILL BE ROLLING OUT A NEW WAY FOR YOU TO OBTAIN PERMITS, LICENSES, AND APPLICATIONS.
Learn more and sign up for progress notifications here: https://www.louisvilleky.gov/businessportal
Need a construction permit? Online application submittal is now available for all contractors.
What can you do on this portal?
- Apply for a Permit (contractors only)
- Submit drawings for review - Remember the file name cannot contain any special characters.
- Pay permit fees - If you receive any sort of error message, do not proceed with payment, Contact our office immediately!
- Request an inspection - The calendar no longer allows users to select the date of the request. Your request will be entered as soon as you submit.
- Lookup a pending applications, issued permits and inspection results
- Review account information
What are the different permits types?
- Range Hood & Suppression
- Structural (Gas Restore)
- Fire Detection & Suppression
- Building: Residential, Commercial & Multi Unit
- Sign - Refer any application questions to Planning & Design Services
Already have an account?
Use these guides to assist you through the application