Obtain a Contractor's License
In order to obtain a contractor's license, the following items will be required:
- Certificate of Liability
- If you have employees, you will need worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance. If you do not have employees and/or they are not covered under your insurance plan, our office will provide you with an Affidavit to sign and notarize on you attesting to that.
- Occupational License Number from the Revenue Commission of Jefferson County
- Please contact the Office of Revenue Commission to obtain your information. They can be reached by phone at (502) 574-4860. They are also located at 617 W Jefferson Street.
- Contractor’s License Application
- Choose a type of Contractor License
- License A – One or more permitted projects in the span of a Calendar year from January 1st to December 31st
- License B – Only than one permitted project in the span of a Calendar year from January 1st to December 31st
- Choose the Type of Contractor License which defines what type of work you will be doing
- Building A-R (Residential)
- Building A-RC (Residential and Commercial)
- Building A-C (Commercial)
- Building B – Residential
- Building B – Commercial
- Required Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- If you have selected a Building A-R (Residential), Building A-RC (Residential and Commercial), or Building B – Residential, you will need to obtain 6 CEU’s from the approved classes on the online website. For a pre-approved list of classes or additional information on CEU hours, visit https://louisvilleky.gov/government/construction-review/continuing-education-contractors
For more information on Contractor's License, visit https://louisvilleky.gov/government/construction-review/contractor-licenses.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us here at the Office Located at 444 S. 5th St. Ste 100, (502) 574-3321 (Option 1, Option 4)