You may not operate a boarding home without a license, and must continue to operate in conformity with the provisions detailed in Ordinance 115.002. Licenses are valid from the date of issuance until the next occurring September 1st.
You must renew your license for the operation of a boarding home at least 90 days prior to the expiration of your current license, but cannot apply for renewal before 210 days prior to the expiration of your current license.
Failure to submit a renewal application and/or renewal fee will be deemed to be an abandonment of the license as of the renewal deadline. The Director will serve notice of the failure of renewal which will be deemed to be complete upon certified mailing, return receipt requested, or personal delivery.
When registering your boarding house for the first time, the Department requests that the applicant additionally provides the following information:
- Resident/client profile- what population is to be served?
- Site plan
- Floor plan
- Rules of conduct
- Business management plan (download HERE)
- Support services to be provided (if applicable- download HERE)
- Projected staffing level
- Proposed maximum stay for each resident
- Download a Boarding House License Application HERE.