Vacant Property Application Checklist
Are you ready to acquire a property?
Before submitting your application, here are some things to remember:
- The electronic application requires that you upload program specific documents.
- If your application is incomplete, it will be denied, and you will have to resubmit your application.
- Properties cannot be reserved by submitting an incomplete application, so be sure you have everything you need before you begin!
- Once started, an application cannot be saved.
Here are the requirements to participate in any of the programs:
- Did you check the list to see if we own the property?
- Have you paid taxes on all of your properties?
- Are your properties free and clear of code violations?
- Do you have proof of funds?
- Are all the documents ready to upload for the program you selected?
Here are the requirements to participate in the following specific programs:
A. Adjacent Side Yard
- Deed or Jefferson County PVA records to show proof that you own the adjoining property
B. Cut It, Keep It on YOUR Block
- Deed or Jefferson County PVA records to show proof that you own a structure on the same block
C. New Construction/Special Projects (applies to single family, multi-family, commercial structures, or agricultural developments)
- Project Description
- Company Description
- Improvement specifications – Detail the repairs that need to be completed, estimated costs, and contractor name
- Estimated project budget
- Timeline for completion of project
- List or portfolio of comparable previous projects, if applicable
- Site plan and building renderings, if available (may be required prior to closing)
- For Budget Rate Policy and Agricultural Projects – Describe and provide proof of funds