Call the LOU HEALTH helpline 502-912-8598.
Sometimes the Landbank Authority will hold special sales for large-scale redevelopment, for properties with higher value or for properties previously used by Louisville Metro Government. Learn more about those special sales below.
Solicitations of Interest (SOI)
When would the Landbank issue an SOI?
- Most Landbank and Urban Renewal properties are small and residential in nature and are suitable to sell through the current Landbank sales programs. From time to time, the Landbank acquires property higher in value or that has the potential for large-scale redevelopment. This can include larger parcels, multiple adjacent parcels, commercially zoned lots, or properties historic in nature.
- All SOI's are launched on the third Monday of each month.
Why does the Landbank issue SOIs?
- The Landbank issues SOIs in order to prioritize the importance of the end use to the community. With the SOI process, all kinds of proposals can be submitted– retail, residential, multi-family, commercial, social service centers, incubators, etc. Due to the variety in proposals for each site, each one will be reviewed to find the best possible, most feasible project to benefit the community.
What is involved in an SOI?
- A strong SOI response will demonstrate a clear benefit to the community and will include a site plan, renderings of the planned development, estimated budget, timeline, and proof of funds. Most SOIs will have a deadline of 30-60 days from the launch date to submit a proposal.
How can I make sure I am notified when an SOI is issued?
- Sign up to receive an email or text message here: https://louisvilleky.gov/government/community-development/subscribe-stay-informed
- Current SOIs involving the Landbank and Urban Renewal Commission
- Future SOIs involving the Landbank
- 531 – 535 South 18th Street (Delayed until January)
- 2230 Buechel Avenue, a/k/a 4129 Bardstown Road (Delayed until January)
- 1513, 1515, and 1519 West Market Street (Delayed until January)
Property Owned by Metro Government
Louisville Metro Government periodically offers real estate property for sale that is determined to no longer be needed for a government purpose. Metro's Real Estate Assets Policies and Procedures can be found here.
If a vacant property is not owned by Metro, Louisville Metro is unable to force a change in ownership, unless the property has significant Building & Housing liens or delinquent taxes. Then, Louisville Metro may facilitate acquisition by initiating a foreclosure action. If you would like to report a vacant property, please call 311, and a Code Enforcement inspector will visit the property.
Enter your address and MyLouisville will find nearby city services in the following categories:
- Solid Waste Services
- Emergency Services
- Political Info
- General Location Info
Find your garbage, recycling, yard waste and large-item set-out dates. Sign up for large-item set out and street sweeping reminders by email and text!
- Residential Services & Locations
- LOJIC Mapping Hub
- Snow Routes Map
- Voting Locations
- Short Term Rental Host Eligibility Map
- Waze Traffic Updates & Road Closures Map
- Neighborhoods, Municipalities, and Districts
- Current Air Quality
- Metro Council Maps
- Interesting Story Maps
- Redlining Louisville Map
- One Bright City Initiative
Covid-19 Testing Information Inmate Search Covid Assistance Programs Adopt a pet 2021 Delinquent Child Support List Find a Neighborhood Place Near You Junk and Bulk Trash Disposal Animal Services Sign up for Junk, Garbage and Recycling Notifications Low Income Energy Assistance Program Revenue Commission / Forms & Publications Search our website by keyword Download the 311 mobile app Report an issue Report or search lost and found animals
Download the 311 mobile app and report something to us Order garbage & recycling carts/bins Get an accident report Report a property maintenance issue Get a permit, license or application Pay a parking ticket online City planning and zoning Pay your water/sewer bill Pay your electric/gas bill Bid on surplus items Get a special events permit Pay occupational taxes Pay monthly parking