Office of Community Development
The Office of Community Development recognizes that a healthy city is dependent upon healthy neighborhoods. By reducing the number of vacant and abandoned properties, we can improve the vibrancy, safety, and value of our existing neighborhoods, making Louisville a better place to live, work, and play.
As part of this initiative, Louisville Metro will:
- Provide counseling to prevent home foreclosures
- Provide assistance to maintain vacant properties
- Collect liens on properties with code violations and foreclose on properties as needed
- Sell or donate properties owned by the city for uses that will benefit the local community
- Demolish properties that are past the point of restoration
If you need information about a vacant property, please feel free to submit an Open Records request to the Office of Community Development.
The Office of Community Development is located in the Metro Development Center, 444 S. 5th St., Suite 500. See the below map for directions.