The Department of Codes & Regulations Property Maintenance Division has a long history of involvement helping maintain Louisville's diverse neighborhoods. We are proud that over the years, our goals have remained consistent: To help prevent the deterioration of our neighborhoods by improving property maintenance and use and to maintain the highest safety and sanitation standards for the many residential and non-residential properties in our community.
- Establishes a minimum maintenance standards for such elements as basic equipment, light, ventilation, heating, sanitation and fire safety.
- Fixes responsibility among owners and occupants for following the code.
- Regulates the use of existing structures and premises.
- Provides for administration, enforcement and penalties.
About the Data
The search tool allows you to search for property maintenance cases that are currently open in Louisville. Detailed information, including the case type, location, date and more will also be shown for each case. If you have questions about the data, contact us.
Property Code Information
- Property Maintenance Code Information
- Brochures / Citizen Outreach
- Lien Holder Notification Information
Search properties for violations
Property Maintenance Division is committed to enforcing the Metro's Property Maintenance, Nuisance and Zoning Codes, which delineates the minimum health, safety and land use standards for all properties. We also help enforce the "Smoke Detector" section of the Fire Prevention Code. Fair but vigorous enforcement of these codes is one of the best ways to ensure that all properties within Louisville Metro are safe, sound and sanitary. However, it's a job that can't be done without your help.
We all want to make our community better, safer and a healthier place to live and work. With your help, we can build a partnership of pride and concern for our community.
Submit a concern about a property:
- Use our new 311 online portal to submit a concern. Or download our new mobile app in the Apple Store for iOS or the Google Play Store for Android.
Vacant & Abandoned Properties
- View Valuable Information About Vacant Structures and/or Vacant Lots
- Report a change in a property's status of occupied or vacant
To submit a complaint about Unsolicited Materials delivered illegally to your home or business you must download the complaint from and submit it to the Department of Codes and Regulations. The submission instructions are on the form. To download the complaint form in PDF format click here. Read the entire ordinance here.
- Chapter 101: Unsolicited Written Materials
- Chapter 155: Signs
- Land Development Code
- Chapter 156: Property Maintenance Code
- Chapter 97: Posting of Address Numbers