Save the Date: Friday, November 29, 2019
Light Up Louisville has been a tradition for 39 years for thousands of residents and visitors to our city.
Light Up Louisville is held the day after Thanksgiving with the arrival of Santa Claus who will help Mayor Fischer illuminate downtown Louisville. This event serves as the official starting point for the holiday season in Louisville, brings together people from all over the city, along with family, friends and visitors, to enjoy a day full of excitement, entertainment and community.
2019 Schedule of Events
Location: 6th & Jefferson Streets
- Children's activities Sponsored by AT&T - on 6th and Jefferson Streets
- Holiday Marketplace Vendors open - 6th and Jefferson Streets
- Free Train Rides - loading/unloading at 6th and Jefferson Streets
*Last ride will board at 6:00 p.m.
Live entertainment: Main stage opens at 3:00 p.m.
Main Stage Schedule
3:00 p.m. - Louisville Academy of Music
3:30 p.m. - Envy Dance Team
4:00 p.m. - Louisville Dove School of Arts
4:30 p.m. - Classic Melodies "Top Note"
5:00 p.m. - Blues Brothers
5:30 p.m. - Motown Christmas
6:00 p.m. - Midnight Noon
7:30 p.m. - AMPED (Academy of Music Production Education and Development)
8:15 p.m. - Eight Inch Elvis
- Lots of Lights Parade - Starts at Fourth and Liberty streets. Turns left on to Jefferson Street and disperses at Seventh and Jefferson Streets.
- The Lots of Lights Parade is an evening parade of lights, bands, carolers, car clubs, floats, children's groups and civic organizations.
- The Mayor's Band (Meyzeek Middle School) and the Lincoln Elementary Mayor's Elf Squad will march along with other local organizations.
- Jesse and MJ from 106.9 Play! will be emceeing the Lots of Lights Parade this year!
- Register for the parade here.
- Light Up Moment - Santa arrives to Light Up Louisville
- Grab the best view of the lights, fireworks and action right in front of the stage on the west lawn of Metro Hall.
Stop by the Louisville Visitor Center (301 S 4th St, Louisville, KY) from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Light Up night for fun holiday activities for the whole family including: spin the wheel for attraction tickets, photos with Mrs. Claus, Yelp Louisville social media challenge and plinko game, letters to Santa, giveaways, holiday treats and 25% off everything (excluding candy and sale items).
Mayor's Challenge: Toys for Tots Drive
Mayor Greg Fischer is challenging Louisville residents and businesses to help beat last year's record of more than 3,000 toys collected in a 12 hour period!
Drop off new, unwrapped toys at Louisville Metro Hall (527 W. Jefferson Street) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, December 6.
Marines will be onsite to assist. Easy drop-off lane for vehicles.
Toys for Tots is sponsored by WLKY.
Neil Huffman Subaru
Lasik Vision Institute
Louisville Metro Government