Friday, November 23, 2018
Light Up Louisville has been a tradition for more than three decades for thousands of residents and visitors to our city. Heading into its 38th year, Light Up Louisville will serve as a kickoff celebration to Louisville's Holiday in the City.
Light Up Louisville is held the day after Thanksgiving with the arrival of Santa Claus who will help Mayor Fischer illuminate downtown Louisville.
Schedule of Events:
Location: Fourth and Jefferson Streets
- Holiday in the City ice skating rink opens - Fourth and Jefferson Streets
- Children's activities inside Santa's Workshop - Metro Hall, 1st floor
- Vendors booths open - Sixth and Jefferson Streets
- Live entertainment - Main stage
- Lots of Lights Parade - Starts at Seventh and Jefferson Streets and heads east on Jefferson Street. The parade will then turn down Fourth Street and disperse at Muhammad Ali.
- The Lots of Lights Parade is an evening parade of lights, bands, carolers, car clubs, floats, children's groups and civic organizations.
- Register for the parade here.
- Light Up Moment - Santa joins Mayor Fischer on the main stage at Metro Hall to light up the city Christmas tree located at Jefferson Square Park
- Grab the best view of the lights, fireworks and action right in front of the stage on the west lawn of Metro Hall.
- Free pictures with Santa - Metro Hall, 1st Floor
- Holiday in the City ice skating rink closes - Fourth and Jefferrson Streets
Go to the Visitor Center:
Located at the corner of Fourth and Jefferson streets, the Louisville Visitor Center will kick off the holiday season during the 37th annual Light Up Louisville, Holiday in the City!
Take a photo with Mrs. Claus and Colonel Sanders, enjoy holiday treats, discounts, and festive giveaways inside the Louisville Visitor Center from 4:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. on Friday, November 24th. This event is FREE and open to the public.
Special thanks to: ABCO Bramer, Hyatt Regency Louisville, Jeff Wyler Dixie Honda –Chevrolet, Louisville Metro Government, Chick-fil-A Jefferson Commons, Louisville Parks and Recreation Rec on the Go, Birracibo, Ramiro's Cantina, Texas Roadhouse, Costco and Kroger.