Save the date! Light Up Louisville, November 24, 2017
Light Up Louisville has been a tradition for more than three decades for thousands of residents and visitors to our city. Heading into its 36th year, Light Up Louisville will serve as a kickoff celebration to Louisville's Holiday in the City.
Light Up Louisville is held the day after Thanksgiving with the arrival of Santa Claus who will help Mayor Fischer illuminate downtown Louisville.
Schedule of Events
November 25, 2016 | Light Up Louisville
Location: Holiday Square
Run, Run Rudolph 5K
- Starts at 4 pm in downtown Louisville, 4th & Jefferson Streets
- The Run, Run Rudolph 5K is an annual 5K Walk/Run that encourages avid runners, athletes, families and children to join in the festivities and kick-off activity of Light Up Louisville.
- The route will start on Jefferson Street in front of the Light Up stage - heading West (between 4th and 5th). Runners will finish the course behind the Light Up Stage.
- Register now for $35. Price is $40 on Race Day.
- Register Now
- Lots of Lights Parade
- Lots of Lights Holiday Parade will start at 7 pm starting at Jefferson and continuing on Fourth Street through Fourth Street Live!
- Parade assembly will begin at 5 pm.
- The parade is currently full, if you would like to be added to the waitlist, register here.
- The Lots of Lights Holiday Parade is an evening parade of lights, bands, carolers, car clubs, floats, children’s groups and civic organizations.
Santa will arrive after the parade at 8 pm. He will join the Mayor at the entertainment stage, across from the ice skating rink.
Light Up Moment
Once Santa arrives on stage, he and the Mayor will light up the city on the entertainment stage, located across from the ice skating rink and Christmas tree.
Free Pictures with Santa
FREE pictures with Santa from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm, in a chalet located in the Holiday Market at Liberty and Fourth Street
More Family Fun at the Louisville Visitor Center:
Stop by the Louisville Visitor Center at 301 South Fourth Street from 4 pm to 10 pm on November 25, for FREE family fun! Take a chance and play Holiday Spin the Wheel for a chance to win tickets to local attractions. Mrs. Claus will arrive at 6 pm. Children will receive a free reindeer headband and adults will receive a free Louisville ornament, while supplies last. Enjoy free cookies, candy canes and discount coupons for future use at the Visitor Center.
Download the EQ Louisville App on your IPhone or Android today for real-time traffic updates, navigation, parking and event details!
November 25 – December 23, 2016 | Holiday Market
Location: 4th Street (from Liberty Street to Ali)
Thursday and Friday: 11 am – 2 pm and 5 pm – 9 pm
Saturday: 11 am – 9 pm
Sunday: 1 pm – 5 pm
Food + Beverage
November 18 – January 15, 2017 | Holiday Square
Location: Plaza at 4th & Jefferson Streets
Pop Up Ice Rink: 100’ x 44’ real ice skating surface
Mon. – Thurs.: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Fri. & Sat.: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Sun.: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m
Made possible by a gift from Mainsource Bank. Powered by LG&E. Diversified energy services
Every day, you'll find us working to strengthen company serving natural gas and electric
the communities we serve. We're passionate about customers in the metro area
helping our customers live better lives. and surrounding counties.
Special thanks to: ABCO Bramer, Anything Groes, Bob Ray Tree Company, Construction Consulting Services, DC Creative, EQ Louisville, Eventualities, Jeff Wyler Dixie Honda –Chevrolet, Louisville Metro Parks and Recreation, Louisville Metro Police Department, Public Works /Electrical Maintenance, Ramiro’s Cantina, Visual Presentations