Friday, November 23, 2018
Light Up Louisville has been a tradition for 38 years for thousands of residents and visitors to our city.
Light Up Louisville is held the day after Thanksgiving with the arrival of Santa Claus who will help Mayor Fischer illuminate downtown Louisville. This event serves as the official starting point for the holiday season in Louisville, brings together people from all over the city, along with family, friends and visitors, to enjoy a day full of excitement, entertainment and community.
Schedule of Events:
Location: Louisville Metro Hall
- Children's activities inside Santa's Workshop - Metro Hall, 1st floor
- Vendors booths open - Sixth and Jefferson Streets
- Live entertainment - Main stage
- Lots of Lights Parade - Starts at Seventh and Jefferson Streets and heads east on Jefferson Street. The parade will then turn down Fourth Street and disperse at Muhammad Ali.
- The Lots of Lights Parade is an evening parade of lights, bands, carolers, car clubs, floats, children's groups and civic organizations.
- Register for the parade here.
- Light Up Moment - Santa joins Mayor Fischer on the main stage at Metro Hall to light up the city Christmas tree located at Jefferson Square Park
- Grab the best view of the lights, fireworks and action right in front of the stage on the west lawn of Metro Hall.
Go to the Visitor Center:
Located at the corner of Fourth and Jefferson streets, the Louisville Visitor Center will kick off the holiday season during the 37th annual Light Up Louisville, Holiday in the City!
Take a photo with Mrs. Claus and Colonel Sanders, enjoy holiday treats, discounts, and festive giveaways inside the Louisville Visitor Center from 4:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. on Friday, November 24th. This event is FREE and open to the public.