Save the Date: Friday, November 29, 2019
Light Up Louisville has been a tradition for 40 years for thousands of residents and visitors to our city.
Light Up Louisville is held the day after Thanksgiving with the arrival of Santa Claus who will help Mayor Fischer illuminate downtown Louisville. This event serves as the official starting point for the holiday season in Louisville, brings together people from all over the city, along with family, friends and visitors, to enjoy a day full of excitement, entertainment and community.
2019 Schedule of Events COMING SOON!
Location: 6th & Jefferson Streets
- Children's activities Sponsored by AT&T - Chalets on 5th and Jefferson Streets
- Vendors booths open - Sixth and Jefferson Streets
- Live entertainment - Main stage TBA
Free Train Rides - will begin at 3:00 pm off of 5th and Jefferson Streets
*Last ride at 6:00 p.m.
- Lots of Lights Parade - Starts at Fourth and Liberty streets. Turns on to Jefferson Street and disperses at Seventh and Jefferson Streets.
- The Lots of Lights Parade is an evening parade of lights, bands, carolers, car clubs, floats, children's groups and civic organizations.
- The Mayor's Band and the Lincoln Elementary Elf Squad will march along with other local organizations.
- Jesse and MJ from 106.9 Play! will be emceeing the Lots of Lights Parade this year!
- Register for the parade here.
- Light Up Moment - Santa joins Mayor Fischer on the main stage at Metro Hall to light up the city Christmas tree located at Jefferson Square Park
- Grab the best view of the lights, fireworks and action right in front of the stage on the west lawn of Metro Hall.
Stop by the Louisville Visitor Center (301 S 4th St, Louisville, KY) from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Light Up night for fun holiday activities for the whole family including: spin the wheel for attraction tickets, photos with Mrs. Claus, Yelp Louisville social media challenge and plinko game, letters to Santa, giveaways, holiday treats and 25% off everything (excluding candy and sale items).
Mayor's Challenge: Toys for Tots Drive
Mayor Greg Fischer is challenging Louisville residents and businesses to help beat last year's record of more than 3,000 toys collected in a 12 hour period!
Drop off new, unwrapped toys at Louisville Metro Hall (527 W. Jefferson Street) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, December 6.
Marines will be onsite to assist. Easy drop-off lane for vehicles.
Toys for Tots is sponsored by WLKY.
Louisville Downtown Partnership
Louisville Metro Government