Save the date! Light Up Louisville, November 24, 2017
Light Up Louisville has been a tradition for more than three decades for thousands of residents and visitors to our city. Heading into its 37th year, Light Up Louisville will serve as a kickoff celebration to Louisville's Holiday in the City.
Light Up Louisville is held the day after Thanksgiving with the arrival of Santa Claus who will help Mayor Fischer illuminate downtown Louisville.
Schedule of Events
Light Up Louisville
Location: Holiday Square
Run, Run Rudolph 5K
- Starts at 4 pm in downtown Louisville, 4th & Jefferson Streets
- The Run, Run Rudolph 5K is an annual 5K Walk/Run that encourages avid runners, athletes, families and children to join in the festivities and kick-off activity of Light Up Louisville.
- Lots of Lights Parade
- Lots of Lights Holiday Parade will start at 7 pm
- Parade assembly will begin at 5 pm.
- The Lots of Lights Holiday Parade is an evening parade of lights, bands, carolers, car clubs, floats, children’s groups and civic organizations.
Santa will arrive after the parade at 8 pm. He will join the Mayor at the entertainment stage, across from the ice skating rink.
Light Up Moment
Once Santa arrives on stage, he and the Mayor will light up the city on the entertainment stage, located across from the ice skating rink and Christmas tree.
Made possible by a gift from Mainsource Bank. Powered by LG&E. Diversified energy services
Every day, you'll find us working to strengthen company serving natural gas and electric
the communities we serve. We're passionate about customers in the metro area
helping our customers live better lives. and surrounding counties.
Special thanks to: ABCO Bramer, Anything Groes, Bob Ray Tree Company, Construction Consulting Services, DC Creative, EQ Louisville, Eventualities, Jeff Wyler Dixie Honda –Chevrolet, Louisville Metro Parks and Recreation, Louisville Metro Police Department, Public Works /Electrical Maintenance, Ramiro’s Cantina, Visual Presentations