My Dream For Lou: Community Capacity Building
In advance of the summit, some registrants participated in a photovoice process. The photovoice process revealed 4 themes which were the focus of the issue area groups on Friday of the summit. Each of the issue area groups were provided an issue area overview brief, relevant photovoice images and their respective narratives, and other related resources were made available. You can find the Community Capacity Building issue area resources below.
Community Capacity Building
What opportunities exist in Louisville for residents and communities to overcome barriers to create a better life for themselves and others? This theme focuses on photovoice narratives which highlight individual and organizational efforts to solve problems in the community and achieve better outcomes by having all people included in our decision making processes. Photos in this theme specifically focused on enhanced opportunities for women and girls, young people and senior citizens. In addition, across many of these narratives, people expressed pride in the city of Louisville and their cultural heritage while also calling for action to improve the quality life for all residents.
- My Dream For Lou Community Capacity Building issue area brief
- Photovoice narratives: Community Capacity Building
These additional resources were provided to participants in their issue area rooms during the summit:
- Cornerstone 2020 Comprehensive Plan
- Wendel, M. L., Alaniz, A., Kelly, B. N., Clark, H. R., Drake, K. N., Outley, C., ... & Finke[HR1] , P. (2012). Capacity building in rural communities. Rural populations and health: determinants, disparities, and solutions. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Wiley, 215-35.
- Anne Braden Institute for Social Justice Research
- Louisville Metro’s Human Relations Committee report “Making Louisville Home for Us All: A 20 year action plan for fair housing”
- KFTC’s A Brief Kentucky Voting Rights History
- Center for Neighborhoods
- Taking Action! A manual for Neighborhood Associations
- Kentucky voting information
- Find your Louisville Jefferson County polling place
- Metro Boards and Commissions
- MetroCall 311
- Metro United Way 211 Help line