Crises spur creativity and innovation out of necessity, but when the economy takes a hit, it also drains critical resources for our arts and cultural organizations. This focus area team will be tasked with answering the following questions:
- How do we build resiliency and sustainability into organizations moving forward?
- How do we capture, support and utilize the creative energy resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and protests for racial justice?
- How do we support smaller arts and cultural organizations that often have little to no reserve funds?
- What new opportunities, collaborations and business models does this present?
- How do venues engage and operate responsibly?
Actions and goals will center around partnerships/collaborations, education, accessibility and financial viability. Metrics for success may include evaluating programs and services offered, attendance and philanthropic dollars invested before and after the pandemic.
While the focus area team will tackle new challenges presented, the work will be built on the foundation already established in existing plans, including Vision Louisville, Plan 2040, Resilient Louisville, Prepare Louisville and Imagine Greater Louisville.