Small Business Environmental Compliance Assistance Program
Serving Louisville's Small Businesses and the Environment
The Small Business Environmental Compliance Assistance Program is a free, confidential, and nonregulatory service that helps small businesses meet environmental regulations and adopt more sustainable business practices.
Small businesses are integral to our communities, but by their nature they often have less time, resources, and staff available to address environmental regulations that are required of them. Our program helps lift that burden from small businesses so they can continue to thrive while following the regulations and guidelines that help make Louisville’s air safe and healthy.
Services provided by the Small Business Environmental Compliance Assistance Program:
- Help businesses understand their duties and obligations under the Clean Air Act and other environmental laws.
- Offer assistance with permits and record keeping.
- Provide free resources like workshops, seminars, fact sheets, guidebooks, checklists, and compliance assistance documents.
- Train employees on pollution prevention and inform them on how to make their businesses more sustainable
Businesses often supported by the program:
- Auto body repair/refinishing
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Metal fabricating/finishing
- Plating and polishing
- Painting and coating
- Printing/graphic arts
To learn more or receive assistance from the Small Business Environmental Assistance Program, you may email us through this form, or call us at (502) 574-6000.
Visit the National Small Business Environmental Assistance Program’s Small Business Resources page to find numerous online resources related to your industry sector.
The Air Pollution Control District’s Compliance Assistance Program is part of the National Small Business Environmental Assistance Program (SBEAP), which was established as part of the Clean Air Act amendments of 1990. These federal, state, and local programs are supported through various state funding mechanisms, including air pollution permit fees.