Call the LOU HEALTH helpline 502-912-8598.
Proposed Actions (APCD)
This page, also known as the APCD "docket," is where you will find proposed air pollution permits for large facilities, proposed regulations, proposed board orders, and other documents or actions that may be pending before the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control Board ("Board") or being considered by the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control District ("District"). See the types of items below.
Docket Proposed Action
|Comment Period||Hearing Date|
Notice of Public Comment Period and Hearing
Will Be Rescheduled
Proposed Title V Construction Permit C-0062-0032-21-V with The Chemours Company FC, LLC; Statement of Basis; Amended Public Notice; Permit Application
|Proposed Amended Board Order 21-01 with Louisville and Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD); Public Notice||11/10/2021
|Proposed PAL Construction Permit C-0072-0046-21-V with Ford Motor Company - Louisville Assembly Plant; Statement of Basis; Public Notice||11/04/2021
Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
|Comment Period||Meeting Date|
- Note 1:
- A public hearing may be scheduled if the District determines that there are germane, unresolved issues or substantial public interest, in accordance with Regulation 2.07.
Items that are being reviewed only by the U.S. EPA are not listed here, but proposed Title V permits under EPA review are listed on the list of Title V operating permits.
Oral statements will be accepted at a public hearing in the Board Room of the Air Pollution Control District, 701 W. Ormsby Ave., Suite 303, Louisville, KY at 10:00 a.m., if one is requested. Request for a public hearing must be received no later than November 8, 2019. If no request for a public hearing is received, the hearing will be cancelled and notice of the cancellation will be posted on the District’s website, www.louisvilleky.gov/apcd/docket, or you may call 574-6000.
- Guide to the Permitting Process
- Be notified by e-mail or text message of upcoming actions
- Regulations and Laws
- Board Orders and Agreements
- About Permits
- Any proposed permits under review by the U.S. EPA are indicated in the List of Title V operating permits.
Explanation of Headings
- Proposed Action:
This is the regulation, permit, Board order, etc. proposed to be adopted or issued. See the list of types of items below. This includes the type of action, its identifying number if any, followed by the name or description.
- Identifying number: This is the permit number, regulation number, Board order number, etc. If there is a number, it will be a link to the main document for the action: the proposed permit, regulation, Board order, etc. If this is a revision to an existing permit or Board order, the number includes the revision number in parentheses, for example “(R2)” for the second revision.If the document is available electronically, the number (if any) or the title is a hyperlink to the document. The linked document is usually in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Depending on your computer configuration, equations and special characters might not display properly on your screen or printer. If you have trouble opening a document by clicking on the link, try this: Right-click the link and choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." (or similar command) and save the document to your computer. Then open the document from Adobe Reader.
- Name or description: For a permit, this is the name of the plant. For a regulation, this is the title of the regulation. For a Board order, it is the name of the responsible party.
- Some actions also have a supporting or supplemental document:
- For a permit: Statement of Basis (SoB): a summary of the permit, describing the purpose and contents of the permit.
- For a regulation, there is normally a Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA) for a proposed regulation or Preliminary Regulatory Impact Assessment (PRIA) for a draft regulation, describing the expected effects of the regulation change.
- For a proposed regulation change that has already gone through a public comment period but has not yet been issued, there may also be a comment and response document (RC) listing comments from the public and the APCD's response to each.
- Legal notice: A link to the legal notice as posted on this web site. The legal notice provides the dates of the comment period and the public hearing (if any), the name and address for the specific person to whom written comments can be sent and will usually include the name and contact information of a person who can answer questions.
- Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking:
- An advance notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPR) is a notice intended to solicit information from the public as the District considers proposing a future rule. If the District determines the amendments are warranted, it may recommend to the Policy Committee of the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control Board that they be formally proposed, and released for a formal public comment period and scheduled for a public hearing at a later date.
- Comment Period:
- Any comment from the public must be received by the APCD by close of business by the end of the comment period.
- Hearing Date:
- The date of the public hearing for this regulation or Board order, or the date of the meeting if the item is being reviewed by a committee of the Board. A hearing is not required for permits, but a public hearing may be scheduled if the APCD determines that there are germane, unresolved issues or substantial public interest, in accordance with Regulation 2.07.
- This is the entity that will hold the hearing or meeting (if any) and can take the action. See the list of organizations below.
- Board orders and agreements
- Agreed Board Order (enforcement)
- State Implementation Plan Board order
- Enforceable Board agreement
- Other Board order
- Title V operating permit
- Title V construction permit
- FEDOOP operating permit
- Proposed new or amended regulation for formal public comment
- Draft new or amended regulation for informal external review
- Ambient air monitoring network change
- Administrative letter
Enter your address and MyLouisville will find nearby city services in the following categories:
- Solid Waste Services
- Emergency Services
- Political Info
- General Location Info
Find your garbage, recycling, yard waste and large-item set-out dates. Sign up for large-item set out and street sweeping reminders by email and text!
- Residential Services & Locations
- LOJIC Mapping Hub
- Snow Routes Map
- Voting Locations
- Short Term Rental Host Eligibility Map
- Waze Traffic Updates & Road Closures Map
- Neighborhoods, Municipalities, and Districts
- Current Air Quality
- Metro Council Maps
- Interesting Story Maps
- Redlining Louisville Map
- One Bright City Initiative
Covid-19 Testing Information Inmate Search Covid Assistance Programs Adopt a pet 2021 Delinquent Child Support List Find a Neighborhood Place Near You Junk and Bulk Trash Disposal Animal Services Sign up for Junk, Garbage and Recycling Notifications Low Income Energy Assistance Program Revenue Commission / Forms & Publications Search our website by keyword Download the 311 mobile app Report an issue Report or search lost and found animals
Download the 311 mobile app and report something to us Order garbage & recycling carts/bins Get an accident report Report a property maintenance issue Get a permit, license or application Pay a parking ticket online City planning and zoning Pay your water/sewer bill Pay your electric/gas bill Bid on surplus items Get a special events permit Pay occupational taxes Pay monthly parking