Proposed Actions (APCD)
This page is where you will find proposed air pollution permits for large facilities, proposed regulations, proposed board orders, and other documents or actions that may be pending before the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control Board ("Board") or being considered by the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control District ("District"). See the types of items below.
Click here to see recently enacted regulations, Board orders, permits for large facilities, or other documents and actions.
|Proposed Action||Comment Period||Hearing Date|
|Proposed Title V Construction Permit C-0870-19-0023-V with Ge Appliances; Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||
|Proposed FEDOOP Operating Permit O-1294-19-F with Arkema Inc., Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||
|Proposed FEDOOP Operating Permit O-0337-19-F with Vanaire and Industrial Fiberglass; Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||
|Proposed FEDOOP Operating Permit O-0243-18-F with Heaven Hill Distilleries - Bernheim Facility; Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||
|Proposed FEDOOP Operating Permit O-0333-19-F with V.G. Red & Sons, Inc.; Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||
|Proposed FEDOOP Operating Permit O-662-19-F with Whayne Supply Company; Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||
|Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking||Comment Period||Hearing Date|
- Note 1:
- A public hearing may be scheduled if the District determines that there are germane, unresolved issues or substantial public interest, in accordance with Regulation 2.07.
Click here to submit a comment on a proposed action, board order, or regulation
Items that are being reviewed only by the U.S. EPA are not listed here, but proposed Title V permits under EPA review are listed on the list of Title V operating permits.
- Be notified by e-mail or text message of upcoming actions
- Regulations and Laws
- Board Orders and Agreements
- About Permits
- Any proposed permits under review by the U.S. EPA are indicated in the List of Title V operating permits.
Explanation of Headings
- Proposed Action:
This is the regulation, permit, Board order, etc. proposed to be adopted or issued. See the list of types of items below. This includes the type of action, its identifying number if any, followed by the name or description.
- Identifying number: This is the permit number, regulation number, Board order number, etc. If there is a number, it will be a link to the main document for the action: the proposed permit, regulation, Board order, etc. If this is a revision to an existing permit or Board order, the number includes the revision number in parentheses, for example “(R2)” for the second revision.If the document is available electronically, the number (if any) or the title is a hyperlink to the document. The linked document is usually in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Depending on your computer configuration, equations and special characters might not display properly on your screen or printer. If you have trouble opening a document by clicking on the link, try this: Right-click the link and choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." (or similar command) and save the document to your computer. Then open the document from Adobe Reader.
- Name or description: For a permit, this is the name of the plant. For a regulation, this is the title of the regulation. For a Board order, it is the name of the responsible party.
- Some actions also have a supporting or supplemental document:
- For a permit: Statement of Basis (SoB): a summary of the permit, describing the purpose and contents of the permit.
- For a regulation, there is normally a Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA) for a proposed regulation or Preliminary Regulatory Impact Assessment (PRIA) for a draft regulation, describing the expected effects of the regulation change.
- For a proposed regulation change that has already gone through a public comment period but has not yet been issued, there may also be a comment and response document (RC) listing comments from the public and the APCD's response to each.
- Legal notice: A link to the legal notice as posted on this web site. The legal notice provides the dates of the comment period and the public hearing (if any), the name and address for the specific person to whom written comments can be sent and will usually include the name and contact information of a person who can answer questions.
- Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking:
- An advance notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPR) is a notice intended to solicit information from the public as the District considers proposing a future rule. If the District determines the amendments are warranted, it may recommend to the Policy Committee of the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control Board that they be formally proposed, and released for a formal public comment period and scheduled for a public hearing at a later date.
- Comment Period:
- Any comment from the public must be received by the APCD by close of business by the end of the comment period.
- Hearing Date:
- The date of the public hearing for this regulation or Board order, or the date of the meeting if the item is being reviewed by a committee of the Board. A hearing is not required for permits, but a public hearing may be scheduled if the APCD determines that there are germane, unresolved issues or substantial public interest, in accordance with Regulation 2.07.
- This is the entity that will hold the hearing or meeting (if any) and can take the action. See the list of organizations below.
- Board orders and agreements
- Agreed Board Order (enforcement)
- State Implementation Plan Board order
- Enforceable Board agreement
- Other Board order
- Title V operating permit
- Title V construction permit
- FEDOOP operating permit
- Proposed new or amended regulation for formal public comment
- Draft new or amended regulation for informal external review
- Ambient air monitoring network change
- Administrative letter
Actions Board Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control Board Adopt a regulation, adopt a Board order, adopt a resolution Policy Cmte. Policy Committee of the Board Approve a draft regulation to be proposed Strategy Cmte. Strategy Committee of the Board APCD Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control District staff Issue a permit